• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman email ... Bzz staying

The scout board right now is a perfect example of old women not knowing shit about sports.

I definitely believe a change is needed immediately, but Bz being booed in public or made to feel uncomfortable in his everyday life is pretty sick.

The scout board right now is a perfect example of old women not knowing shit about sports.

I just assumed she works in the athletic department or has a spouse who does. Additionally, it may help explain why some people actually purchased Gremlins and Pacers in the 70's.

Who really are the 'old women'? Maybe all those b*tching and moaning here, thinking that constantly b*tching on a message board or sending a few e-mails to the AD or President is going to change something.

If you really believed in this you'd be better organized and galvanize support for your position among the alumni. Figure out a way to get 5k or 10k of the alumni base to sign a petition or actually call the AD or Athletic Department and you might have a chance to make a change.

Get off your butts, get organized and make a difference.

Who really are the 'old women'? Maybe all those b*tching and moaning here, thinking that constantly b*tching on a message board or sending a few e-mails to the AD or President is going to change something.

If you really believed in this you'd be better organized and galvanize support for your position among the alumni. Figure out a way to get 5k or 10k of the alumni base to sign a petition or actually call the AD or Athletic Department and you might have a chance to make a change.

Being the last, non-parody, BzzInner is taking its toll on you I see.

If having ~11 students show up for games and the rest of the arena at <50% capacity (and it's only going to get worse this year) isn't going to do it, nothing is going to do it.

Wellman's dug in 1917 style, and hopefully it costs him his job, because there is no way he can type this letter and actually believe the shit he's spoonfeeding people.

Just getting home for the first time today - thought the first letter was a parody. Outside of it being just a poorly written letter, it's practically taking a dump on our fan base. Does this guy think we were born last night? Favorite line was the 'bump in the road' - yeah that's what next year will be - just a little bump in the road. Eat it Ron.

I definitely believe a change is needed immediately, but Bz being booed in public or made to feel uncomfortable in his everyday life is pretty sick.

Don't make it personal in the public forum (like at a game). Not fair to his family. Bz is trying to make a living, and is doing the best he can. He is overmatched, but that really isn't his fault, that is Wellman's fault.

Don't make it personal in the public forum (like at a game). Not fair to his family. Bz is trying to make a living, and is doing the best he can. He is overmatched, but that really isn't his fault, that is Wellman's fault.

Where I come from - home team is fair game. I'm not talking about burning his house down but I would easily boo him during introductions... easily.

Question for those that have been here all day: can't read thru all 15 pages right now...

Do we think this was something that wasn't supposed to get out to the masses?

This was apparently the work of Wellman. Text was verified as basically accurate if not word for word the letter.

If the letter is legit (some disagreement on that), then I would have to believe Wellman knew it would be circulated. I think only intra-university correspondence and also correspondence with the BOT is considered confidential and not to be shared.

Saw Bz tonight.. Poor dude, looked down.. In over his head and unqualified, but it was pretty pitiful looking. Felt bad for the guy

If the letter is legit (some disagreement on that), then I would have to believe Wellman knew it would be circulated. I think only intra-university correspondence and also correspondence with the BOT is considered confidential and not to be shared.

There are something like 25+ members of the board on the Deacon Club. No chance he expected to send it to that many people and have it remain confidential.

My only hope is that he kept publicly suppoting Gaudio (including a contract extension) right up until he fired him.

Saw Bz tonight.. Poor dude, looked down.. In over his head and unqualified, but it was pretty pitiful looking. Felt bad for the guy

You know sometimes I catch myself thinking that and I try to relax a little - the guy is probably a nice guy, just caught up in a situation where he is so far over his head, it's not even funny. I mean you, me, Joe Schmoe, if we're bad at our jobs; there aren't thousands of people calling for your demise. I guess you have to know and understand the territory if you are getting in it in the first place, but still - I can't imagine this guy goes home at night feeling good about himself.

Back