• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman email ... Bzz staying

I rather get neg repped to keeper levels than say anything more so leave it alone.

So, a quick summary of what I have read/heard on this thread and elsewhere . . .

(1) The letter is apparently real;
(2) Rumor that Travis playing in 2012-13 is not a done deal;
(3) Battle may still be leaving; and
(4) At least one of our incoming recruits may not qualify.

Did I miss any other good news?

So, a quick summary of what I have read/heard on this thread and elsewhere . . .

Had not heard about #2, #3, and #4. This debacle appears to be getting worse by the day.

Wait, this is the first I have heard about one of our incoming recruits not being able to qualify. When did this info come about?

It's alluded to a couple of times either in this thread or another.

Good God...grim, at best.

yeah I have also seen reference to this a few times, mostly seemingly pointing at Devin Thomas.

The potential DT eligibility issue is discussed in this thread on page 13 (or posts 245-252 for those with different configuration). There is still time, so hopefully even if it is true now everything will work out.

For those citing McKie info, any guesses as to how long that will take to get finalized?

The stakes are too high for us poster types to interject ourselves into Travis' decision. We all respect him greatly and wish him nothing but the best.

The stakes are too high for us poster types to interject ourselves into Travis' decision. We all respect him greatly and wish him nothing but the best.

Let's cut to the chase here. Are you stating that McKie is considering a transfer? If so, when should we expect to learn of his decision?

Yes. He already said it and got jumped on for some reason.

Yeah, I have gotten some neg reps for sure but I wanted you guys to know that it is still not resolved. Anything else needs to come from others. Let's try to be patient, I suspect we'll all know more soon.

Yeah, better to say nothing at all at this point. I really hope Travis stays no matter what happens. He's a great kid with huge potential.

Would anyone blame Travis if he decided to leave? What incentive does he have to stay at WFU? Isn't he like 0-3 or 0-4 against the city of Richmond since he has been playing for the DEACS? That's got to be pretty demoralizing. The kid leaves Richmond for an ACC program that subsequently gets dominated by his hometown schools. I hope nothing but the best for TM. He's a tough kid with a good head on his shoulders. I wonder though, what any of you would do if you were in TM's situation? Stay at Wake and HOPE something changes or leave for "GREENer" pastures? Thanks Mr. Wellman for bringing our beloved program to this point.

Would anyone blame Travis if he decided to leave? What incentive does he have to stay at WFU? Isn't he like 0-3 or 0-4 against the city of Richmond since he has been playing for the DEACS? That's got to be pretty demoralizing. The kid leaves Richmond for an ACC program that subsequently gets dominated by his hometown schools. I hope nothing but the best for TM. He's a tough kid with a good head on his shoulders. I wonder though, what any of you would do if you were in TM's situation? Stay at Wake and HOPE something changes or leave for "GREENer" pastures? Thanks Mr. Wellman for bringing our beloved program to this point.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but if TM has an eye on the league he probably should stay put.

Yep. We'd all choose Shaka over Bz. McKie could actually do it.

Yep. We'd all choose Shaka over Bz. McKie could actually do it.

ONly if Shaka stays at VCU for 2 more years....what are the odds of that?

I mean, how many soul food meals can you eat???

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the support. I've probably pissed my sources off anyway. Hang in there!

Back