• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Reportedly Overheard During Dinner

Sportin' Woody

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am ONLY passing along what I was told yesterday. Take it for what its worth

A very reliable fellow Deac (remember the Deacon Club Board email I posted two years ago) was dining recently at a local Deac favorite eatery and sat a couple of tables over from Ron. Ron was heard to say to his party how please he was with the progress he has seen the last few games and how the program is going in a great direction. That's all that was heard.

was buzz with him negotiating a contract extension?

He would be saying that kind of thing to certain people even if he knows Bz is out at the end of the season

AD speak. The great Premiere would not risk discussing any real business with so many of his surrounding peasants within earshot.

Wait, so we're surprised he didn't say something like "Ehh I mean, I guess yea we're a little better but I'm still gonna axe the guy come March. Honey, could you pass the breadsticks?"

If he thought progress was ok past two years, he is definitely pleased with it this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I am ONLY passing along what I was told yesterday. Take it for what its worth

A very reliable fellow Deac (remember the Deacon Club Board email I posted two years ago) was dining recently at a local Deac favorite eatery and sat a couple of tables over from Ron. Ron was heard to say to his party how please he was with the progress he has seen the last few games and how the program is going in a great direction. That's all that was heard.

Nope. I hope it was at least 5x more interesting than this story though.

Anyone with that level of responsibility would never be in a public venue saying anything different than what was overheard. I consider Ron to be a total fuck-up, in the PR department, but even he has some common sense.

I havent been on the board for over a day and came back as soon as I could to see what I'd missed. Thanks to the OP for making it worthwhile!

I was hoping he told them that he plans to retire in June

RW (or more likely one of his minions) finally answered one of my letters and the comments overheard in the restaurant were almost exactly what he spewed for me. Party line. No surprises there.

Back