• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Reportedly Overheard During Dinner

wellman is the smartest guy in the room. to admit to anyone he is going to fire bzz screams "i made a mistake." the only way bzz is gone (And not extended) after this season is for bzz to "resign." he (and his minions) has to keep up the charade. IF bzz has success (NCAA birth, ACC Tourney or NIT run) that is best for wellman. he can claim victory and probably extend bzz.

I have been saying for awhile that BZZZ will be back next year.

wellman is the smartest guy in the room. to admit to anyone he is going to fire bzz screams "i made a mistake." the only way bzz is gone (And not extended) after this season is for bzz to "resign." he (and his minions) has to keep up the charade. IF bzz has success (NCAA birth, ACC Tourney or NIT run) that is best for wellman. he can claim victory and probably extend bzz.

well once he made the tournament then that would actually be grounds for dismissal

What the OP shared is right in line with the exit strategy that is most likely to occur. Of course, as noted above, RW wouldnt say anything differently right now, in public or otherwise.

What the OP shared is right in line with the exit strategy that is most likely to occur. Of course, as noted above, RW wouldnt say anything differently right now, in public or otherwise.

Do you think that the "exit strategy" will be put into play if this team qualifies for the NIT? At this point, I'm banking on the opinion/feelings of Ms. [Redacted] to be the most important factor in any decision that is made at the end of the season. My worst fear, like many, is that the long nightmare doesn't end - but instead we are stuck with an extension for an indefinite amount of time for an indefinite amount of money.

Ron could not be happier with 18-13 and the NIT this year, along with McKie's continued decline to finish off what could have been a career for a great kid.

Thanks Ron and BuzzFreakofNature.

Back