• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Says He Gets Away From This Mess

Honestly, home should be Ron's only place of refuge. If he's out in public he should be getting yelled out and jeered at by any Wake fans that happen to be nearby.

“When you consider that 60 percent of our minutes were played by freshmen, and the next highest percentage within the ACC were Virginia and Georgia Tech, and they were 40 percent,” Wellman said, “compared to our 60, that’s a 50 percent difference.

LOL... WTF Ron.

Great article. Pretty much sums it up. 60% of minutes played by 18 or so year old freshman. A good home record and 2 top25 wins including a win over a #2 seed. 4th rated home attendance in the ACC. Those are the lead stats for keepbz.com!!! #GoDeacs

Spinnin' that record huh?

Great article. Pretty much sums it up. 60% of minutes played by 18 or so year old freshman. A good home record and 2 top25 wins including a win over a #2 seed. 4th rated home attendance in the ACC. Those are the lead stats for keepbz.com!!! #GoDeacs

Between you and BracesDeaconess, I'm not sure who has done more damage to their professional reputation via a message board.

8-23, 13-17 and 12-17 in three consecutive regular seasons are not particularly good stats for keepbz.com.

The worst part is that our attendance figures for this year were 18th out of 24 seasons, and we basically gave tickets away all year. It was like they knew they needed a talking point and improved attendance was going to be one of them. So they set out on a campaign to give away tickets all year to inflate the numbers.

They had to hang CP3 to get there.

We need to ask ourselves why in year 3 of the Bz regime we need to have 60% of our minutes played by freshman. Also we returned the two leading scorers in the ACC who made up the other 40%.

Does this whole situation strike anyone as an exact mirror to what goes on in American politics today?

The average American (alumnus/fan) is desperately angry, yet their voice goes unheard. Why? Because special interests and lobbyists (big money blue hairs) have the ear of those who are supposed to represent the people (Wellman, Hatch, BOT) and can impose their will on the entire country (alumni community) with the simple stroke of a pen.

As a result, most Americans are apathetic when it comes to progress, having resigned themselves to the fact that the people in charge have no interest in their opinions. Is the wave of apathy from the WFU community coming too?

Does this whole situation strike anyone as an exact mirror to what goes on in American politics today?

The average American (alumnus/fan) is desperately angry, yet their voice goes unheard. Why? Because special interests and lobbyists (big money blue hairs) have the ear of those who are supposed to represent the people (Wellman, Hatch, BOT) and can impose their will on the entire country (alumni community) with the simple stroke of a pen.

As a result, most Americans are apathetic when it comes to progress, having resigned themselves to the fact that the people in charge have no interest in their opinions. Is the wave of apathy from the WFU community coming too?

This. Great analogy.

Yes, and Ron Wellman is John Edwards. Snake in the grass manipulator, truth distorter, hair-sprayed egoist.

Sounds like Ron goes into the hills and does peyote.

The fact that he used the word thrilled is particularly galling to me. How thrilled can you be about this record, road record and the complete lack of public relations that this coach has shown. When asked tough questions he refuses to answer. Is that our new culture. Maybe they have adopted the approach I have taken to the NCAAs this year I simply put my head in the sand as an ostrich and hope the bad stuff goes away. Pretty much where I am on a national level also.

Hey, Wellman. You're the pup who pooped in your own crate. It's YOUR mess. Now clean it up!

Unfortunately, you are right. And I am not anti-Wellman. I like the guy and I appreciate what he has done for Wake. I hate to see him gambling his legacy and our basketball program this way.

An idea for the billboard:

Let's Help Ron Wellman "Get Away From This Mess:"

11-42 vs. the ACC
1-24 on the road vs. the ACC
5-26 in February and March

Fire Ron Wellman. For His Own Good.

Hey, Wellman. You're the pup who pooped in your own crate. It's YOUR mess. Now clean it up!

Like a puppy, Wellman does seem to be oblivious to his own "mess". However, a puppy is incapable of cleaning up his own mess. The puppy's "boss" or "bosses" have to step in and do it.

2002-2003 we had freshman play a lot of minutes and won the conference regular season and were a 2 seed in the tournament. 5 of our top 6 guys were freshmen or sophomores. That will be the case next year, but you can bet expectations won't measure up to a season like that one.

Back