• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman/Seth Greenberg feud?

I would somewhat equate finishing a soccer championship by shootout to determining who plays for the NCAA football championship by computer. You can argue that both methods don't make for a "true" champion, but that has nothing to do with whether or not it is a sport.

If the Pats win the Super Bowl tomorrow by kicking a FG after the Giants fumble the kickoff (instead of playing a full extra quarter after which the team with the highest score wins), will you still feel the same way?

Don't forget that Feinstein tends to talk straight out of his ass most of the time.

Fantastic writer...huge ass of a human.

Really? Most would say his writing has gone downhill big-time over the years...he's like Tom Clancy...puts his name on something, collects the $$ and produces drivel!

On the 2nd pt, I wouldn't know....how do you?

I don't know the particulars, but I do know for a fact that there is no love loss between Seth Greenberg and the WF basketball dept.

I don't think Bz harbors any negative feelings, but anyone left over from the Skip & Dino days sure do. They dislike Seth as much as he dislikes them.

Since you "know this for a fact" please enlighten us why this is so. I would genuinely like to know.

I read A Civil War (Army/Navy) and the one about the Patriot League. Feinstein comes across as a sanctimonius ass in both.

NC State has played Vandy, Texas, Indiana, Stanford and Syracuse. Thats a pretty good non-conference schedule in my book. I think if they have a +.500 record in the ACC and win one game in the tournament, then they are a lock for the dance

Vandy 86 State 79--L
State 77 Texas 74--W
Indiana 86 State 75--L
Stanford 76 State 72--L
Syracus 88 State 72--L

Texas RPI is #69. Dare say this is much of an NCAA resume. If they had won 3 of those 5, then yes, but not with just 1 win. At least they are playing them, but you also have to win a few to be NCAA worthy

Enjoy reading Feinstein, and I have met him on multiple occasions. Could not be a nicer guy. Always willing to talk any subject. He may give you an opinion that you don't like, but he is always willing to share his thoughts and tell stories. Never seen him big time any person.

Have no idea if there are any simmering hard feelings between Wellman and Seth, but the idea that Wellman played no role in ACC teams making or not making the tournament because he "is out of the room" when ACC teams are discussed is laughable. Every year, an undeserving team gets in (or some deserving team gets left out) due to the make up of the committee. A few years ago, the commissioner of the MWC headed the committee and of course, an undeserving MWC team received a bid. That's how the process works.

Met him once and this was near to my own experience.

Vandy 86 State 79--L
State 77 Texas 74--W
Indiana 86 State 75--L
Stanford 76 State 72--L
Syracus 88 State 72--L

Texas RPI is #69. Dare say this is much of an NCAA resume. If they had won 3 of those 5, then yes, but not with just 1 win. At least they are playing them, but you also have to win a few to be NCAA worthy

Yes I understand the concept that they need to win games to get into the tournament, I'm just saying they had a hell of an OOC schedule

I don't know the particulars, but I do know for a fact that there is no love loss between Seth Greenberg and the WF basketball dept.

I don't think Bz harbors any negative feelings, but anyone left over from the Skip & Dino days sure do. They dislike Seth as much as he dislikes them.

Made beating them this year sweeeeeeet.

So if there was no love loss was there a love win?

So if there was no love loss was there a love win?

1270751973_trololo-guy.gif

Back