• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman - Southern accent?

The girls were dumb as shit and not good looking enough to make up for their stupidity, and the bros were total assholes.

Untrue. The girls from Ohio schools were attractive and amazingly easy during Spring Break in the mid-90s.

osu+girls.jpg

Last edited:
It's laughable that Wellman is judged by his job performance?

It's laughable that only when his job performance is perceived to have taken a hit, that his character is called in to question.

Strickland, you may be right that people have always had a problem with him personally. If that is the case, I never heard much about it. I did hear about him being very personable with the fans and returning emails and such, as was the case in your exeperience. How exactly was he a dick to your dad?

A lot of people have had problems with him personally over the years, but they ignored it since Wake sports were performing well and facilities are getting built.

I just read a Sepinwall piece that mentions the return of "The Killing" and it occurred to me that Wellman reminds me of that smug bitch Veena Sud after people called her out for her show completely falling apart.

It seems to me that if they didnt have a problem with it before they should not have a problem with it now. The man has been here 20 years. Getting all up in arms about his character seems a bit contrived at this point.

Now, with regard to his actual job performance, by all means, blast away. But ultimately losing just plain sucks. And until that is turned around I'm not sure what there is for him to say that would appease the fanbase, if you consider that part of his job. Only winning on the court will get people excited again. So if he's not going to make a move, then its probably best for him to just shut his mouth. What all the vocal fans want is for Bz to be gone. And anything he says to appease that crowd would work against the current coach and ultimately not help the progam.

Last edited:
TwentyONE, they did have a problem with it before.

If you have a co-worker who is a dick but gets the job done, that doesn't mean he's not a dick. It just means you can tolerate it. If he stops getting the job done, then he's harder to tolerate.

There's a simple middle ground for Wellman to take that doesn't completely alienate the fan base. Just say "I'm not happy with how things are going and neither are Coach [Redacted] and the players. I do have complete confidence in [Redacted] to turn it around." The approach he's using is to make the fans seem ridiculous for not being happy with how things are going.

"they just can't see it"

That's because it's not fucking there, Ron.

It's been awhile since I've spoken to Wellman in person, but I never thought he had a Southern accent or that he made any attempt to pretend he had one.

I've known plenty of people that have moved south and picked up slight "accents". A lot of it just has to do with regional diction and pace of speech.

There are also some parts of OH that are pretty damn rural and are essentially N. KY.

Not limited to the south, either. I mean, look at Brad Friedel. He's more Brit than the Queen Herself.

Good one, Va. That always freaked me out. Some people absorb speech and dialects more than others.

We'd talk about sports if we had any teams that didn't make us want to slit our wrists.

Aside from men's basketball, what other Wake sports make you want to slit your wrists?

But I get your point.

I don't trust northerners who adopt southern accents. Something shifty about it. Trying to ingratiate themselves in a new culture.

Back