• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

True. But I'd like to seem him give coaching a go. I think with the Euro experience he'd make a hell of a coach. He'd have to learn the recruiting ropes though. I'm not even sure he'd give a shit about anything other than the gym.

Has Chill ever gone on record about wanting to coach?

Here is another tidbit from a bit more recently:

Wellman said Childress will work especially closely with the players on the men's and women's basketball teams.

"No. 1, I think he'll be a great addition to our staff,'' Wellman said. "Randolph wants to get into collegiate athletics, whether it be in coaching or administration. He's still a little bit up in the air about that.

"We're not sure where Randolph's career will take him. We're going to try to expose him to a number of different areas. But a really important area for us is just a mentorship of our student athletes.''

Here is another tidbit from a bit more recently:

Wellman said Childress will work especially closely with the players on the men's and women's basketball teams.

"No. 1, I think he'll be a great addition to our staff,'' Wellman said. "Randolph wants to get into collegiate athletics, whether it be in coaching or administration. He's still a little bit up in the air about that.

"We're not sure where Randolph's career will take him. We're going to try to expose him to a number of different areas. But a really important area for us is just a mentorship of our student athletes.''

Good stuff.

I could find nothing from a quick google search with a quote from Randolph Childress saying that he wants to get into coaching.

Perhaps RJKarl can link us all to the article where he says that. I, for one, would appreciate that.

Somebody please quote this so that he knows of the request. Cheers.

I could find nothing from a quick google search with a quote from Randolph Childress saying that he wants to get into coaching.

Perhaps RJKarl can link us all to the article where he says that. I, for one, would appreciate that.

I'm pretty sure he has me on ignore too.

I'll give it a shot

For RJ

rj

Chill doesn't take anything other than #2. His personna is way too big.

Randolph has been saying for years that he wanted to be a coach. I'd be stunned if he isn't extremely well prepared. He's spoken about college coaching not pros.

If he has been speaking about this for "years" then this should be as easy task for this esteemed poster that appears to know Randolph Childress quite personally.

I will never respond to anything DV7 poses.

there's no sense asking.

silly dv7, it was a personal phone call.:)

I think it would be tough for Wellman to pressure Shaka (or most young coaches) into taking Chill from his office to the bench. It would be natural for anyone to think someone is looking over their shoulder in such a situation.

I think it would be more likely for Chill to be on the bench with an established coach. One who is not going to be intimidated.

Dirk, DV7 is jealous that anyone can have a civil, rational discussion.

You responded to something I said just over 14 hours ago.

I put forward the hypothesis that you won't respond this time is because you can't; because you straight made shit up (as usual) and talked out of your ass to make yourself appear to be all knowing.

You can simply prove me wrong by posting a link showing a quote from Randolph Childress saying he wants to get into coaching. He has, afterall, been "saying it for years."

What transparent bullshit, man. Pathetic.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong, because I'm not. Randolph has spoken about wanting to getting into coaching.

I have openly offered to make peace with DV7 on at least half a dozen occasions between this board and the other.

Each time that he agreed, it took him less a 48 hours to back to being a dick. There are hundreds and hundreds of of other posters.

I have no need to interact with someone who has no interest in ever being civil.

It not being a "pussy". It's being rational.

Somebody else just ask rj to provide a link then.

That would be a pretty easy way to get around this facade of a reason on which he is currently attempting to use as an excuse.

An example of rj offering me a "truce," in negrep form.

Basketball Recruiting... 12-31-2011 02:05 AM RJKarl I've offered peace on numerous occasion you drunken, lying, asshole prick- I'll do it again- I won't pos or neg rep you - i'll leave you alone-you leave me alone- It's you acts like child. You can;t help yourself from insulting me-RJ

Back