• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

FWIW, Ody is the 7th man on a Cincy team rated 38 spots behind WF. Not sure if that is what Ody and his handlers had in mind when he left for WF. Also, not sure how big of a role he would've had on this WF team.

I think Ody would have gotten minutes on this team, but fewer than he got last year or than he's getting at Cincy.

had to refresh my memory on timing of transfers:

1. We land LaRavia in March
2. We land Walton in April
3. Ody enters portal/signs with Cinci in May (we also sign nothingburger ManMan in May)
4. We land Sy in June

so Ody knew he would be competing with Walton for minutes and had probably been told we would take other players if available

had to refresh my memory on timing of transfers:

1. We land LaRavia in March
2. We land Walton in April
3. Ody enters portal/signs with Cinci in May (we also sign nothingburger ManMan in May)
4. We land Sy in June

so Ody knew he would be competing with Walton for minutes and had probably been told we would take other players if available

There was a thread with all of this:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/32881-WFU-Hoops-Roster-Construction-LaRavia-Taylor-Walton-Monsanto-Williams-Sy-Marsh

Yeah, I think Forbes makes the Sy for Oguama trade every time. But I don't know that we'd have been a legit landing spot for Sy with Oguama still in the mix. Worked out well for everyone, I think.

Agree with Ph that he'd have been behind Sy in a scenario where they were both on the WF roster... But I doubt that ever would have happened.

Back