• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

Here is one for the what if crowd. We should have fired Carl Tacy and hired Bobby Cremins from APP State when we had that chance. The rest is history.

I'll play. This would have been a net negative for the program. Actual events played out better for us at the beginning and end of his career

Starting at Cremins' first year, Tacy then went on an impressive run (4 consecutive 20 win seasons when that meant something) that included "Retire Meyer" and an Elite 8.

Certainly the Staak era would have been better with BC. Cremins was at his peak here and we were at what I thought at the time was our nadir. Little did I imagine we had 2 Staak level coaches coming in a couple of decades.

Odom overlapped with late stage Cremins and we were the better program during this time.

So I say nay to your hypothetical mack.

I really cannot believe that Wes Miller published a book, called it "The road to Blue Heaven," and that people actually bought and read the book.

I really cannot believe that Wes Miller published a book, called it "The road to Blue Heaven," and that people actually bought and read the book.

well we know he sold at least 1 copy. probably more as part of someone's holiday client gifts.

I'll play. This would have been a net negative for the program. Actual events played out better for us at the beginning and end of his career

Starting at Cremins' first year, Tacy then went on an impressive run (4 consecutive 20 win seasons when that meant something) that included "Retire Meyer" and an Elite 8.

Certainly the Staak era would have been better with BC. Cremins was at his peak here and we were at what I thought at the time was our nadir. Little did I imagine we had 2 Staak level coaches coming in a couple of decades.

Odom overlapped with late stage Cremins and we were the better program during this time.

So I say nay to your hypothetical mack.

What if we hired Odom when Tacy stepped down and just skipped the Staak era altogether?

What if we hired Wes Miller when Tacy stepped down? Profit???

I think his recruiting would have suffered until he was potty trained, but once those initial growing pains were out of the way the sky would have been the limit.

I think his recruiting would have suffered until he was potty trained, but once those initial growing pains were out of the way the sky would have been the limit.

I think we should have fired Tacy the day Wes was born. Hand Wes the keys then. We would have a 1,200 seat arena and minimum of 15 natties by now. What could have been...

I’m sure that Donald’s copy has big passages underlined and highlighted and that some of the pages are stuck together

I am surprised that 13 people would buy it. It’s gotta 13 different DR aliases, right?

Fair assumption. Gotta factor in parents and grandparents maybe. Not sure if that's two or four. Maybe an ex girlfriend trying to jump on the gravy train?

There are worse places for a single 38 year old to be than a real city with a university.

There are worse places for a single 38 year old to be than a real city with a university.

True that.

And, to be clear, Wes never wanted a family. He’s all in for coaching hoops over having kids. He reaffirmed it this time publicly in his presser. He’s married to basketball. Everything else is priority #2.

Back