• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Looking at offers from high school after two years of experience in college is pretty silly.

It's part of the picture...especially in response to the earlier post along the lines of "well, Buzz Williams was willing to make an offer, so he can't be that bad." If he had a bunch of really great offers coming out of high school and only averaged 4 points, there's likely more potential than a guy who had no offers, was expected to redshirt, and then was essentially kicked off the team to make room for someone else.

Last edited:
Looking at offers from high school after two years of experience in college is pretty silly.

How about transfer portal offers? He's coming to Wake and we fucking suck. That should say enough.

Neath
Dubose
Wilkins
Massoud
Muscius

Cut down the fucking nets

Final 4 darkhorse? ;-)

FWIW, if Sarr also leaves, WF will have lost its top 4 scorers off last season's 13-18 (6-14) team. Future is so bright, Manning's got to wear shades.

If Sarr does leave, who do we even have for bigs besides Ody and the 2 dudes coming back from massive injuries? Is that it?

If Sarr does leave, who do we even have for bigs besides Ody and the 2 dudes coming back from massive injuries? Is that it?

We also have incoming frosh Jaylon Gibson who is 6-11. He wasn't a super-highly rated recruit (#318 according to 247); so, don't think he is expected to make an impact immediately. If Sarr leaves, Gibson is going to get time if he is ready or not.

Neath
Dubose
Wilkins
Massoud
Muscius

Cut down the fucking nets

I can already hear Danny now. Blame it on the transfers. Blame it on the fact there is no one to get the paint touches. Just don't blame it on him.

Danny takes as much responsibility for our lack of basketball success as Trump does for his handling of COVID-19.

See what I did there, I brought politics to the sports board.

If Saar leaves, we really might have our worst basketball team in our entire history. I could see us going 0-20 in the acc.
We will have bad players but make up for it with shitty coaching

If Sarr bounces, Wake will have one of the youngest rosters in the country. Give Manning a few years coaching them up and watch how good they will be.

It's part of the picture...especially in response to the earlier post along the lines of "well, Buzz Williams was willing to make an offer, so he can't be that bad." If he had a bunch of really great offers coming out of high school and only averaged 4 points, there's likely more potential than a guy who had no offers, was expected to redshirt, and then was essentially kicked off the team to make room for someone else.

As compared to 4 star recruits like Jamie Lewis who couldn't play a lick. Wilkins did not have a great last season. But as others have pointed out, he averaged 14 minutes a game as a freshman for a team that was within a minute or so of the elite 8. Either Buzz was the gold standard against which many here measured Manning or he didn't know what he was doing with Wilkins - largely one or the other isn't it?

As compared to 4 star recruits like Jamie Lewis who couldn't play a lick. Wilkins did not have a great last season. But as others have pointed out, he averaged 14 minutes a game as a freshman for a team that was within a minute or so of the elite 8. Either Buzz was the gold standard against which many here measured Manning or he didn't know what he was doing with Wilkins - largely one or the other isn't it?

You're using an exception in one direction in an effort to argue another exception in the other direction. He had two offers out of high school, VT and High Point. He's been on the transfer board for a while now and his best offer was Wake. Danny Manning wants him. How good can he be?

Last edited:
I mean, he'll be better than Torrey Johnson, so I'm sure he'll play like 30 mpg just like every mediocre player we've played 30 mpg under Danny Manning

Back