• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

He's been on the transfer board for a while now and his best offer was Wake.

How do you know his "best offer" was from Wake? He's from Winston-Salem. It was the best offer for him, but that doesn't mean that no programs in a "better basketball situation" offered. I've read a few articles about the Wilkins transfer but haven't seen other schools that are offered. Have you seen a source with a list of other offers?

As compared to 4 star recruits like Jamie Lewis who couldn't play a lick. Wilkins did not have a great last season. But as others have pointed out, he averaged 14 minutes a game as a freshman for a team that was within a minute or so of the elite 8. Either Buzz was the gold standard against which many here measured Manning or he didn't know what he was doing with Wilkins - largely one or the other isn't it?

Jamie Lewis....I almost forgot that kid.... Didn't he play like three games last year and then leave?

Neath should get a lot of run next year and Massoud is going to chuck a whole lot of 3’s.

A few foul line jumpers from Mucius and put backs from the Iguana.

And that’s our squad.

Kind of reminds me of the Tucker, King, Rodney front court, in terms of talent.

Neath should get a lot of run next year and Massoud is going to chuck a whole lot of 3’s.

A few foul line jumpers from Mucius and put backs from the Iguana.

And that’s our squad.

Kind of reminds me of the Tucker, King, Rodney front court, in terms of talent.

Which one is Rodney?

Getting Wilkins tells me others may be leaving the program and that, while he is not very good, he is another body to help make us have enough numbers to play next season assuming there is one. Not likely an impactful transfer for sure.

Getting Wilkins tells me others may be leaving the program and that, while he is not very good, he is another body to help make us have enough numbers to play next season assuming there is one. Not likely an impactful transfer for sure.

I guess we are still digging to find rock bottom. Didn't even know that was possible, but here we are.

Worried about having enough players to fill out a team at the P6 level is quite astonishing. Maybe we will be giving future Trent Van Horn's some meaningful minutes next season by default. The continuing story of Wake basketball needs to performed on Broadway in the form of a Greek Tragedy or Tragicomedy.

According to a 2018 article in the WSJ written before VT offered, Wilkins is a year younger than his class and planned to go to Hargrave for a year to bump up his recruiting profile. When Buzz offered, that plan went out the window. He also had offers from WSSU and Presbyterian at that time. Unlike Dubose, at least Wilkins has been practicing and playing against good competition for 2 years and has seen up close what a winning team looks like. Wake will need someone to step up as a leader next season. Maybe Isiah has the intangibles to do that.

Which one is Rodney?

Hah, I mean that’s a tough call. Rodney was rated #7 in his class, then he went to the McDonalds All American game and crushed the dunk contest, and threw down some man against boys dunks in the actual game. The one over Shawn Bradley, was like oh, we might be really, really good, and there is no way in hell there are 6 high school kids better than him that year.

Tucker started out in that ACC Big East challenge game against I believe Seton Hall, with a great dunk, athleticism and overall game. The older he got, and he looked like a 34 year old college student, the less athletic, but even craftier defender he became. Loved that dude. A few years with the Washington Bullets, right?

Chris King just got buckets. Lots of them. When the ACC was not watered down and crappy (which makes Manning EVEN worse) And he nearly stuck with the SuperSonics.

Now, our front court of Massoud, Mucius and Iguana, while I actually like their games and potential...well...let’s just say it’s not the same.

Without Sarr, I don’t think we have anybody next year who would have been a rotation guy on any good Wake team.

Without Sarr, I don’t think we have anybody next year who would have been a rotation guy on any good Wake team.
I'll argue Mucius, if only because I think Manning and staff have done a shit job of developing him. Like several other players.
A better Wake coaching staff would have him at a far better level.

Most of our good teams could have used a guy like Mucius but I don’t think he would have gotten much run on those teams.

Most of our good teams could have used a guy like Mucius but I don’t think he would have gotten much run on those teams.
It would be situational, I'll agree. He'd probably be a bench guy even in the best of circumstances. But that doesn't mean he couldn't be in the rotation.

He would have been the high ceiling guy who played sporadic minutes that we wanted to see play more.

Hah, I mean that’s a tough call. Rodney was rated #7 in his class, then he went to the McDonalds All American game and crushed the dunk contest, and threw down some man against boys dunks in the actual game. The one over Shawn Bradley, was like oh, we might be really, really good, and there is no way in hell there are 6 high school kids better than him that year.

Tucker started out in that ACC Big East challenge game against I believe Seton Hall, with a great dunk, athleticism and overall game. The older he got, and he looked like a 34 year old college student, the less athletic, but even craftier defender he became. Loved that dude. A few years with the Washington Bullets, right?

Chris King just got buckets. Lots of them. When the ACC was not watered down and crappy (which makes Manning EVEN worse) And he nearly stuck with the SuperSonics.

Now, our front court of Massoud, Mucius and Iguana, while I actually like their games and potential...well...let’s just say it’s not the same.
Not to mention we also had Trelonnie Owens on those teams. Assuming Sarr leaves, we won’t have any front court player as good as Trelonnie on our next team. Season cancellation is best case scenario.

That's a good way to put it.
#TrentStrickland
If he is this team's Trent Strickland he needs to attempt a 360 dunk ASAP. I am still partially convinced that Strickland getting rim-jected on a breakaway dunk started this whole mess. Reverse the program's bad juju.

If he is this team's Trent Strickland he needs to attempt a 360 dunk ASAP. I am still partially convinced that Strickland getting rim-jected on a breakaway dunk started this whole mess. Reverse the program's bad juju.
#curseofthenutpunch

Back