• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this.

Makes zero sense to hire the coach of a kid you probably could have easily brought in out of high school. He's played well for ETSU, but he was in no way a heralded recruit. I can't even find a profile for him on 24/7 or Rivals. Saw something that said he was the #33 recruit in NC that year... From what I've seen, there are only 5-10 kids a year from NC that end up at the ACC level.

Yeah, for comparison, Wilbekin was the #27 player out of Florida.

Forbes has great respect for ETSU and is very tight with Shay. I would assume as long as their kids in the portal are still considering returning to ETSU Forbes would not recruit them. That would be pretty disrespectful to people who have been very good to him. If, however, a kid tells Shay he definitely is transferring I would expect Shay would then have no issue with Forbes getting involved. It really doesn’t matter if he is late to the game given his relationship with his former players. I think that approach is commendable and speaks to his character.

Yeah, for comparison, Wilbekin was the #27 player out of Florida.

Whenever I see state rankings like this I think of that Charley Steiner/Evander Holyfield This is Sportscenter commercial.

Forbes has great respect for ETSU and is very tight with Shay. I would assume as long as their kids in the portal are still considering returning to ETSU Forbes would not recruit them. That would be pretty disrespectful to people who have been very good to him. If, however, a kid tells Shay he definitely is transferring I would expect Shay would then have no issue with Forbes getting involved. It really doesn’t matter if he is late to the game given his relationship with his former players. I think that approach is commendable and speaks to his character.

Exactly.

Stony Brook has 3 uncommitted players in the transfer portal, and all are solid. In addition to Foreman,

- Andrew Garcia:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/andrew-garcia-2.html
- Elijah Olaniyi:https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/elijah-olaniyi-1.html

Olaniyi was their leading scorer and declared for the NBA draft, but can return to college hoop. Stony Brook went 20-13 this past year.

I'd still prefer foreman out of the 3. That career 84% free throw shooting speaks volumes. Plus we need a true veteran in the backcourt who, coincidentally, will need to knock down late game free throws.

My wish list is:

Hodges
Polish kid
Williamson
Foreman

Wish we could've snagged Harmes from Purdue. He's exactly what we need.

POKEMON
giphy.gif

Just looking at the numbers of the Stony Brook guys, Olaniyi seems to be the best and more of what we need. Foreman shot the same on three and is 5" smaller.

Just looking at the numbers of the Stony Brook guys, Olaniyi seems to be the best and more of what we need. Foreman shot the same on three and is 5" smaller.

Foreman would be Coron Williams. Good spot up shooter who can knock down end of game free throws. My assumption is he’s a better ball handler than Olaniyi, which we desperately need. Behind Neath, we have 2 unproven freshmen who would otherwise be relied on to handle the rock.

Also, stats show that Foreman is the better 3 point shooter. His freshman year was weak but he’s 37% over the last 2 seasons.

Olaniyi is not a grad transfer, so not worth discussing. Foreman also shoots way more 3s, so has made way more.

Back