• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Clemson Game Thread

Predictable result after a chickenshit 3rd down playcall and chickenshit decision to punt.

Seriously, not going for it on 4th and 1 from the Clemson 42 just pisses me off. This is not a game we'll win by being ultra-conservative. Need to show some balls. Grobe fucked the pooch on that decision and it's going to result in a 7-0 deficit.

Agreed. I'm following on my phone, but I knew we had lost when I saw that call. The net field position gain was 22 yards there. Like that makes a difference?

At least Grobe was smart not going for it. This will obviously be a low scoring game.

Not to derail the angry mob, but the execution on the punt was good enough to put us in a great spot with that decision.

This game is going to be ugly, unless we can sore just about every possession (which we won't do). I predict that Clemson doesn't punt until the 4th quarter. Once we cross midfield, we should consider every series a 4 down series. Punts from midfield are going to be worthless.

Our blitzing from the middle is comically ineffective too. Our one successful blitz came from Boyd's right side and flushed him out to his left, forcing an incompletion.

What other noon games are on?

Also can someone remind me which low scoring game we've won this season?

Not to derail the angry mob, but the execution on the punt was good enough to put us in a great spot with that decision.

Only difference is Clemson would've had to go 99 yards and 2 feet for the score.

Just curious, if we had gone for it on 4th and didn't get it for the same result, would you have been "ok" that we at least tried?

Or had we thrown a pick on third and short, are you "ok" with that?

Clemsons O moves guys around and gets lots of good matchups. Nice alternative to the delayed handoff up the middle.

Right. If we get someone who knows the rules of football (or really just someone who knows how to watch a TV) then things might be different.

Even Clemson changes their play calling when backed up to the 1.

I'm sick of bullshit runs out of the shotgun in short yardage situations.

Seriously, not going for it on 4th and 1 from the Clemson 42 just pisses me off. This is not a game we'll win by being ultra-conservative. Need to show some balls. Grobe fucked the pooch on that decision and it's going to result in a 7-0 deficit.

Yep, punting there is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. There is no chance that this is going to be a low scoring grind it out kind of game.

Back