• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Game 9: NJ Institute of Technology - 8 pm Saturday ACCN

In a single game, sure.

But making a pattern of not blowing out bad teams (like we are doing) can add up to a more significant problem

yeah good point. there may be some value in the difference between the severity of a blowout, but i think less than what you would see purely from the numbers / NET.

i imagine that’s part of why they decided the quad system and a big part of the rationale behind leaving highly rated metrics teams out, which includes our 2021 team that despite being good i think was deservedly left out for not actually winning games.

An atrocious half of basketball. Elon Charleston southern and this shit. It’s gotta stop

Boopie and Parker (and Matthew "the Sniper" Marsh) have come to play, everyone else is struggling out there. Hopefully a couple of guys can come to life in the second half and we can run away with it, but guys have got to be better.

I’m sure everyone expected a Matthew Marsh 3 to end the half.

In a single game, sure.

But making a pattern of not blowing out bad teams (like we are doing) can add up to a more significant problem
Yeah consistently not blowing teams out that a bubble team would means you’re looking at those 10 possessions a game where should’ve scored and turning it to like 60 which is more significant. It also suggests that you’re not as good as the bubble team obviously

you'd think that we'd be able to pretty effectively beat a zone with some outside shooting from Sallis and PF (and Monsanto)

have Carr and Hildreth flash to the FT line

Reid or Marsh in the dunker spot

I am reminded when Carr can't put down that dunk that in spite of putting on weight and muscle he still has the strength of my child.

I am reminded, though I never really forgot, that Keller is in over his head.

I am wondering why Keller got so many of Marsh's minutes. Marsh can at least finish and apparently can also do the one thing that Keller can do-- shoot threes.

The Okie kid is fun. Just what we need. A natural shooter. Getting him and Monsanto on the floor at the same time is going to make for a lot of holding our breath while shots fly in the air.

Miller also continues to impress.

Poor first half by Sallis. Cam too.

Efton was hardly out there it seemed.

Back