• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Lacrosse

I still have to talk to BSN and figure out what's going on. We want to do another order it is just a matter of when. But even if we open the shop tomorrow I don't think that anything would arrive before christmas since it's been 6 weeks and we still haven't gotten our stuff. It's frustrating since when we ordered other stuff earlier this year we got it in 2 and a half weeks.

Any chance you all will be a varsity level sport in the foreseeable future?

Not unless some donor steps up with enough money to fund a Men's and a womens team. It's frustrating since we are the perfect school for lacrosse and I'm convinced that we would be a powerhouse if we had a team.

How much does it cost to start a lacrosse program? Out of curiousity...

I still have to talk to BSN and figure out what's going on. We want to do another order it is just a matter of when. But even if we open the shop tomorrow I don't think that anything would arrive before christmas since it's been 6 weeks and we still haven't gotten our stuff. It's frustrating since when we ordered other stuff earlier this year we got it in 2 and a half weeks.

For the record, Mr. Cav is my father.

Not unless some donor steps up with enough money to fund a Men's and a womens team. It's frustrating since we are the perfect school for lacrosse and I'm convinced that we would be a powerhouse if we had a team.

Is this a reference to our plethora of insufferable rich kids in pinnies and snapbacks?

I emailed you my shipping address. You said Mr. [Redacted],

I'm sorry. Blah blah blah.

Sincerely

[First Name][Last Name.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think Wake is an absolute perfect situation for a premier lacrosse program, and it is an shame that the ACC only has four varsity programs. The addition of Syracuse will certainly help, but it would be great to see a few schools with good club programs, VT, FSU, Wake, Boston College make it to varsity. Out of that group Wake fits the Lacrosse school profile the best IMO.

Interesting story, after High School I went to one of the better JUCO programs in the country to play, but got accepted to a good four year school prior to the season so I decide to save the year of eligibility, and play club ball. This was in Baltimore, and the club teams were very competitive, and I was the youngest member by far. Anyway, two bothers on team that played attack had played at State prior to State eliminating it's program (at the time I didn't realize State had a program). So, State was ranked in the top five in the Nation, and eight months later they had no team because of Title 9. They honored the scholarships of the players, but folded the team. Pretty sad, even if it happen to a bunch of ignorant rednecks.

Last edited:
How much does it cost to start a lacrosse program? Out of curiousity...

If you are talking strictly about outfitting a team at the college level, I would assume gear would cost about $400/500 per kid, X's 60 participants. That however is only the tip of the ice berg. John Tillman who coaches Maryland makes $200M a year without incentives, and then you have scholarships, assistants salaries, travel, facilities, etc, etc.

So I would assume that it would take $500/700M a year to keep a good program going, maybe more. Much of that depends on the scholarships and the coach's salary.

Interesting story, after High School I went to one of the better JUCO programs in the country to play, but got excepted to a good four year school prior to the season so I decide to save the year of eligibility, and play club ball.

Yup, your story checks out.

If you are talking strictly about outfitting a team at the college level, I would assume gear would cost about $400/500 per kid, X's 60 participants. That however is only the tip of the ice berg. John Tillman who coaches Maryland makes $200M a year without incentives, and then you have scholarships, assistants salaries, travel, facilities, etc, etc.

So I would assume that it would take $500/700M a year to keep a good program going, maybe more. Much of that depends on the scholarships and the coach's salary.

Stop that.

I think you would probably need two fully endowed programs to even think about starting the teams.

I would think that you would need a donor to step up and give $10-20 million and then the school would probably have to fund raise to match that number. I would think a men's lacrosse team costs a couple million a year but no more than like $7 or $8 million. Most of the gear will probably be provided through sponsorships anyway. My numbers may be off but I think that a lacrosse team probably costs about 2X a Men's Soccer Program due to scholarships and gear.

Hey, douche, I posted that on my phone sitting in a waiting room, and if you haven't checked M means thousand. Check, when you see MM for million, it means a thousand thousand, so prior to flaming on someone at least Google it so you do your Wake eduction proud.

Neg rep away.

I'd agree that District was being a douche initially, however the whole M/MM accounting, finance thing is just as annoying. Nobody outside of your spreadsheet uses that format.

That being said, no neg rep. I enjoy the pure anger.

I would think that you would need a donor to step up and give $10-20 million and then the school would probably have to fund raise to match that number. I would think a men's lacrosse team costs a couple million a year but no more than like $7 or $8 million. Most of the gear will probably be provided through sponsorships anyway. My numbers may be off but I think that a lacrosse team probably costs about 2X a Men's Soccer Program due to scholarships and gear.
Yeah, the challenge would be endowing all the scholarships needed for a men's and women's team. At about 12 scholarships per team and $1MM per scholarship, you're talking around $25MM to fully fund both programs. Programs that would then be operated at a loss for the rest of their existence.

Last edited:
Hey, douche, I posted that on my phone sitting in a waiting room, and if you haven't checked M means thousand. Check, when you see MM for million, it means a thousand thousand, so prior to flaming on someone at least Google it so you do your Wake eduction proud.

Neg rep away.

No one outside of your geeky little accounting circle jerk uses M for a thousand. Everyone knows it, but only the true pencil pushers (or JUCO transfers who feel the need to show off their education) uses it outside of their cubicle.

And I'll save you the trouble of googling the difference between 'excepted' and 'accepted': http://lmgtfy.com/?q=accepted+vs+excepted

No one outside of your geeky little accounting circle jerk uses M for a thousand. Everyone knows it, but only the true pencil pushers (or JUCO transfers who feel the need to show off their education) uses it outside of their cubicle.

And I'll save you the trouble of googling the difference between 'excepted' and 'accepted': http://lmgtfy.com/?q=accepted+vs+excepted

Obviously I know the difference between 'excepted' and 'accepted'. Point is, don't be an ass over a generally positive post. Peace?

Are you guys gonna be legit this season? My favorite club team is full of JOKES now. They need a kick in the ass. 34th place. SMH. Disgusting.

Back