• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Lacrosse

Yeah, the challenge would be endowing all the scholarships needed for a men's and women's team. At about 12 scholarships per team and $1MM per scholarship, you're talking around $25MM to fully fund both programs. Programs that would then be operated at a loss for the rest of their existence.

Okay, so I am confused, how does a singular scholarship cost $1MM? Serious, not ragging on you.

Last edited:
Scholarships are part of a fund and the scholarship comes from the interest.

Sorry, the access code you entered (demond2NJ) is not valid at this time. Please try again.

Sorry, the access code you entered (demond2NJ) is not valid at this time. Please try again.

Yeah the store isn't open right now. I'm trying to get the stuff from the first order before we open up the shop again. I will post something on here when we open it up again.

Are you guys gonna be legit this season? My favorite club team is full of JOKES now. They need a kick in the ass. 34th place. SMH. Disgusting.

I think that we should be good this year. We definitely have a realistic shot at making the playoffs this year. We have a really good group of freshmen so if we don't lose most of them to pledging then we will be good. Our schedule is finished. Here is a link to it. One of the game isn't on the schedule. We are playing UConn on Sunday April 1st at Home, hopefully it will be on the schedule soon.

http://mcla.us/teams/wake_forest/2012/schedule.html

Just wanted to give everybody an update on the team. We had our first game last night against Davidson. We got off to a late start since there was a huge crash and I-77 was shut down so our goalie showed up 30 minutes late from the scheduled start time. We got off to a slow start and Davidson scored 2 quick goals in the first 2 minutes or so. We then dominated the rest of the the game and won by a final score of 12-3.

Our next game is Sunday at 1pm at High Point. We are scrimmaging High Point's varsity team that officially goes D1 next year so it should be a good challenge for us.

Also we will be doing another clothing order soon so I will post more info on that when it happens if anybody is interested. It shouldn't take nearly as long as last time. Thanks for your support and I hope to see people out at some of our games

Just wanted to give everybody an update on the team. We had our first game last night against Davidson. We got off to a late start since there was a huge crash and I-77 was shut down so our goalie showed up 30 minutes late from the scheduled start time. We got off to a slow start and Davidson scored 2 quick goals in the first 2 minutes or so. We then dominated the rest of the the game and won by a final score of 12-3.

Our next game is Sunday at 1pm at High Point. We are scrimmaging High Point's varsity team that officially goes D1 next year so it should be a good challenge for us.

Also we will be doing another clothing order soon so I will post more info on that when it happens if anybody is interested. It shouldn't take nearly as long as last time. Thanks for your support and I hope to see people out at some of our games

Congrats man. Gotta represent for the CSU. My old team certainly isn't. :rulz:

I wanted to give everyone an update on our season. So as I reported earlier we beat Davidson 12-3. We then scrimmaged High Point's D1 team and lost 8-2. We played App State this past Saturday and won 11-9 in a sloppy game.

We have our first home game this weekend against ECU at 3pm. So if you are attending home basketball game stop by after the game. We will be playing in Kentner Stadium. I know that our schedule says the game is at 5pm but the game was just changed yesterday to 3pm. Hopefully I'll see some people out there on Saturday.

Any chance you all will be a varsity level sport in the foreseeable future?

I had a WFU head coach tell me a few weeks ago that this will never happen in his lifetime. And he's not old by coach standards.

I had a WFU head coach tell me a few weeks ago that this will never happen in his lifetime. And he's not old by coach standards.

With all due respect to the coach, I disagree. WF is a perfect lacrosse school.

Tons of students come from the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. We are only increasing enrollment which should help with donations/interest/etc. With the addition of Cuse, the ACC is the top lacrosse conference in the country. Lacrosse is also generating more interest nationwide (for example, lacrosse recently became a varsity sport in all of the public high schools in Palm Beach County, FL). There will be enough interest to get it started within the next 15 years.

Where would a varsity team practice? Where would they have games?

I don't think Wake needs more sports. I'd do the math but considering how small the school is I already thought it was pretty saturated with athletes when I was there. Does anyone have the figures handy of what percentage of the student body is on a sports team?

I don't think Wake needs more sports. I'd do the math but considering how small the school is I already thought it was pretty saturated with athletes when I was there. Does anyone have the figures handy of what percentage of the student body is on a sports team?

It was 1/12 when I arrived on campus in 2005.

With all due respect to the coach, I disagree. WF is a perfect lacrosse school.

Tons of students come from the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. We are only increasing enrollment which should help with donations/interest/etc. With the addition of Cuse, the ACC is the top lacrosse conference in the country. Lacrosse is also generating more interest nationwide (for example, lacrosse recently became a varsity sport in all of the public high schools in Palm Beach County, FL). There will be enough interest to get it started within the next 15 years.

Furman is going to add Men and Women's lacrosse in 2015
http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/...ens_women_division_i_lacrosse_for_2015_season

No lacrosse at Wake. Period. I'll never give another cent to the Deacon Club if it happens.

They would be very competitive very quickly with the right coach (Matt Rewkowski) and proper support.

Back