• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Our deal with the devil to get Duncan for his senior year must have meant we will never get an extra year out of a promising player ever again. Y'all hoping for Sallis returning have missed the 100% of the time it hasn't happened in the last quarter century.

Guys stay around the extra year at UNC because when they do, the team is good and they go to
the Final 4. We don’t offer that same promise historically speaking, so guys don’t have that same incentive to stick around, so they don’t, and as a result we don’t go to Final Fours. A vicious circle.

I’m sure it’s already been said after what happened today, but not having much depth is a serious flaw in how we run our b-ball program. I don’t think we have to have 10 contributors to be successful, but we need at least 2-3 people who can come off the bench and give us meaningful production. We simply haven’t had that (to be fair, some of that this year was just shit luck with Jao and Damari’s injuries, Bobi leaving, not having Reid for a lot of games, etc). Regardless, Pitt had 30 bench points to our piss-soaked 0. That can’t continue to happen down the stretch like it has the last three seasons if we want to advance the program and play games in March that we care about.
Ask Forbes.

Someone did and he basically said the bench is not his focus at all.

Like free throws.

t
Ask Forbes.

Like free throws.
Until this changes, we will continue to be really fun to watch in January before we inevitably putter out the last five games of the year.

There will be some great matchups in the NIT. After the disappointments settles in, Tuesday the Joel will be rocking. Win 3 home games and maybe battle Wes in Indy.

Ask Forbes.

Like free throws.
We need a bench and after watching State take down Duke, don’t want to hear any blame on tired legs as the reason we couldn’t play D today. 3 games, 3 wins for State and on to the semi’s!

I’m sure it’s already been said after what happened today, but not having much depth is a serious flaw in how we run our b-ball program. I don’t think we have to have 10 contributors to be successful, but we need at least 2-3 people who can come off the bench and give us meaningful production. We simply haven’t had that (to be fair, some of that this year was just shit luck with Jao and Damari’s injuries, Bobi leaving, not having Reid for a lot of games, etc). Regardless, Pitt had 30 bench points to our piss-soaked 0. That can’t continue to happen down the stretch like it has the last three seasons if we want to advance the program and play games in March that we care about.
A lot of it was bad luck. But quality depth has to be a focal point this recruiting season.

Back