• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

How did Parker not take that open 3. We are down huge bro take some shots.

The amount of stupid shit we're going to have to listen to from the stupid fuck 2&2 is going to be miserable.
He’s not wrong. Do you see an actual gameplan here? I don’t. Forbes recruits athletes and lets them play. That doesn’t work.

Sorry- Forbes credibility is in the toilet. I’m sure I’ll be killed for that but this was a pathetic showing.
Ya I was about to say, it wouldn’t bother me if he left tomorrow. Until the last ~2 months I’ve been someone who was as huge of a Forbes fan as you could find. Are we really going to be all that next year with a team built around largely this same core? I don’t think so, unless we bring in 2 big time starters and a few consistently dependable bench pieces. Everything from Forbes tenure so far tells me we won’t end up having that next season when it counts.

We're recruiting kids who weren't born yet the last time we reached the ACC tournament semifinals.

At least my other team Wisconsin is blowing the doors off Maryland.

Reid is a beast. He's not quitting. Neither is Hildreth (even though crazy Hildreth mode might turn over the ball a bit). Parker has that energy. We need more from Carr and much more from Sallis right now.

Not a bad thought, unless the players want to play, which I doubt they do. Some may even opt out like a bowl game.

Refs called a few early fouls to make it look like they're doing their job. That wore them.out.

Do the numbers really justify switching every screen creating horrible matchups? Don't a lot of good defensive teams fight through every screen?

Also, that's either 4 or 5 straight fouls called against the far less physical team (us).

Not a bad thought, unless the players want to play, which I doubt they do. Some may even opt out like a bowl game.
NIT games will be at the Joel which must be the most special arena in all of sports.

How bad would this be if we weren't doing OK with fast break points? It's like we put zero thought into the game plan beyond "run everything through Sallis", which just did not work today. Pitt deserves credit for playing good half court defense (albeit helped by rampant fouling), but this shouldn't be an unsolvable puzzle for an ACC team. Usually people are calling out open shots that we are passing up or not quite getting the ball to, but that isn't happening today.

Back