• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Why? That's weak. Play and play hard and salvage the season.
Since they are close to the team quite possibly the NIT possibility has been discussed among the players...

Its ok, well get knocked out the first round of the NIT anyways. Thats the joys of being a Deacs fan : (

Reid is arguably our most important player. Him being out of the game was mind blowing. I truly have to believe there was more to that decision that were not privy to.

Reid is arguably our most important player. Him being out of the game was mind blowing. I truly have to believe there was more to that decision that were not privy to.

we played really well without him

but we should have gotten them in there when they first extended their lead to 5

(he types to a message board)

He has been consistently inconsistent since he got here. I got pilloried for saying it, but he disappears for long stretches in games and sometimes for entire games. Yes, he sometimes plays very well, but he cannot be relied upon to carry the team.

Forbes needs to get a true PG and some bangers. We lost every game this year where teams played physical and pretty much have his entire tenure. It completely neutralizes whatever skill advantage we have and wears us out since we have zero depth.
Agree. There's a reason Ried has bounced around. He's got talent, but often seems disinterested. He's a good college 5, but he's not a guy you can consistently dump it down to.

But the Forbes problem is lack of depth and heart on defense. He's got Cam, who plays great D, but that's it. Carr plays hard, but he's just not that quick laterally. Sallis has the skill set to play D, but I think he's just not mentally tough enough right now. Boopi is a good ACC caliber player, but also not going to carry a team. We just can't afford for anyone to be off if Sallis is in one of his funks and it killed us.

Agree. There's a reason Ried has bounced around. He's got talent, but often seems disinterested. He's a good college 5, but he's not a guy you can consistently dump it down to.

But the Forbes problem is lack of depth and heart on defense. He's got Cam, who plays great D, but that's it. Carr plays hard, but he's just not that quick laterally. Sallis has the skill set to play D, but I think he's just not mentally tough enough right now. Boopi is a good ACC caliber player, but also not going to carry a team. We just can't afford for anyone to be off if Sallis is in one of his funks and it killed us.
We don’t have any depth, and we don’t have a talented enough starting 5 to carry the team.

A roster that you expect many to be back next year is in zero position to act like the NIT is something you can decline. If they are a two seed, that would be two home games. If a 1 seed it could be three. If Hunter has head in NBA you play without him. Should be some Q2 opps early and then Q1 if they get far enough.

I actually thought Reid looked like he wanted to win tonight. I’d put him in the super motivated category.

Back