• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

I love Forbes as a person and sympathize with what his family has gone through this season but the patterns his teams exhibit are constant and lead me to believe he’s not a very good coach.

I think he's like Skip-- he can coach well enough, but can't coach defense.

Assuming we miss the tournament, Forbes should get one more year to make it. The refs sucked today and I give Forbes credit for getting the T. However, this team overall lacks toughness excluding Hildreth and Reid and maybe Boopie (he is just small). The rest run away from a fight like we had today and quite often on the road. No dance next year and Forbes needs to go…we have seen this story before and it is getting old. Credit to Forbes for making the program respectable again. I’m just not sure he is the guy to bring us all the way back.

We should throw some serious NIL at Sallis…if those Pitt punks can rattle him wait until he goes against real men in the NBA. He will be shell shocked the first week.

Agree. There's a reason Ried has bounced around. He's got talent, but often seems disinterested. He's a good college 5, but he's not a guy you can consistently dump it down to.

But the Forbes problem is lack of depth and heart on defense. He's got Cam, who plays great D, but that's it. Carr plays hard, but he's just not that quick laterally. Sallis has the skill set to play D, but I think he's just not mentally tough enough right now. Boopi is a good ACC caliber player, but also not going to carry a team. We just can't afford for anyone to be off if Sallis is in one of his funks and it killed us.
On the depth, we caught a bad break with the Jao (remember him?) and Damari injuries. Marsh/Keller/Canka/Clark all being unplayable in any game that matters is totally on Forbes though

If the nit takes us we should go. Let some of the younger guys play and if we know that someone if leaving let them sit.

Why? That's weak. Play and play hard and salvage the season.

I can see us declining if some guys decide to opt out. Hell, only one opting out would kill what little depth we already have.

And there's nothing to salvage in the season. Nobody shoots ropes over the NIT banner.

I think guys like Reid, Parker, MMM could use the experience.
This is what everyone says. I doubt there is any correlation whatsoever. We played in plenty of big games this year. The NIT is the most lifeless nothingburger of a tournament ever.

I know we will go. And nobody will care and it doesn’t matter whether we play well or not. It’s even more meaningless than a December 15 bowl game.

I can see going to the NIT to build a young team up. But, in this era, tell me which players on the current roster are going to come back? Between the portal and the NIL, I don't give a flying shit about the NIT!

Small bit of consolation-it's harder to put our 3-game losing streak at Damari's feet after today. One might be inclined to since we won two in a row after he left the building on Saturday, but this is who we are, and it isn't his fault.

Yesterday was fun. Glad I got to come up for yesterday and only yesterday.

On the depth, we caught a bad break with the Jao (remember him?) and Damari injuries. Marsh/Keller/Canka/Clark all being unplayable in any game that matters is totally on Forbes though

Totally on Forbes. I don't know why you don't have any of those bench guys basically get told, play defense and you can find minutes.

All this work to blow out bad teams to increase our metrics. We left in the starters up by 20 against bad teams and all that really mattered was being able to play defense and win games.

If anybody close to the program thinks Wake is in a position to decline the NIT, that helps explain the persistent problems with Wake sports. That suggests people who think Wake is entitled to success.
It’s called an invitational for a reason. Just decline the invite. It means nothing and benefits nothing. Just watch the women’s ncaa tournament instead. It’s on at the same time.

Small bit of consolation-it's harder to put our 3-game losing streak at Damari's feet after today. One might be inclined to since we won two in a row after he left the building on Saturday, but this is who we are, and it isn't his fault.

Yesterday was fun. Glad I got to come up for yesterday and only yesterday.
He quit on this team. Thanks for the memories, but goodbye

Back