• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Probably this. Response to above post.

They made several bad line calls against Rubin. 3 all in 2nd set his ad, and they called a serve about 6 inches out in against him. Despite the bad call he regrouped.

In college the players call their own lines, with an umpire to adjudicate, for almost all the matches. Today they had line judges and they will tomorrow.

Yeah I'm very inexperienced at watching tennis but there were a handful of calls that I thought were bogus. Hard to be sure of what you saw without any replay, though.

Rubin plays Ryan Shane tomorrow. He's 6'4" and has a big serve and forehand. He really crushes the forehand sometimes.

Rubin beat Shane 7-6, 6-3 in the ACC championship a few weeks ago.

I think it's going to be a really close match.

It's an individual recognition - so while we won't be counting it in our list of national championships like men's soccer in 2007, he is still competing in it as part of the Wake Forest team. It will go into the NCAA record book as "Noah Rubin, Wake Forest"

Thank you.....so if I understand you correctly, WF can't list it as a national title in tennis/singles category?

Currently weather says thunderstorms all afternoon in Waco, but if it looks more promising in the morning I may be among the DOZENS of spectators.

Currently weather says thunderstorms all afternoon in Waco, but if it looks more promising in the morning I may be among the DOZENS of spectators.

I would assume Rubin is a heavy favorite outdoors, but indoors this will not be the case

I would assume Rubin is a heavy favorite outdoors, but indoors this will not be the case

Still looking like thunderstorms starting around 1:30 (match set to start at noon). I'd be game but tickets are "no longer on sale" online and I can't reach anyone at Baylor to ask about it. If there's a thunderstorm, I assume they clear the courts...not sure whether they plan on delaying or moving to the indoor courts if that happens.

Still looking like thunderstorms starting around 1:30 (match set to start at noon). I'd be game but tickets are "no longer on sale" online and I can't reach anyone at Baylor to ask about it. If there's a thunderstorm, I assume they clear the courts...not sure whether they plan on delaying or moving to the indoor courts if that happens.

If it looks like rain will continue, they'll move inside. If not, they'll wait it out to play outside.

fascinating

Ha, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it. I guess the main thing is that the NCAA really wants to play it outside and will delay if there is any chance to do so.

The UVA guy barely takes anything off his second serve.

Rubin breaks on first opportunity, leads 2-0 in set 1.

3-0 now, this other dude looks a little sluggish or something.

Back