• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF v FSU. Noon kickoff ACCN

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Hope Clawson and Hemphill make some changes on Defense. FSU runs a very similar offense to Louisville and will kill us unless we play much better on defense. Also, need some more imiginive plays on offense

Hope Clawson and Hemphill make some changes on Defense. FSU runs a very similar offense to Louisville and will kill us unless we play much better on defense. Also, need some more imiginive plays on offense

WF is favored by 7. So, if you think FSU "will kill us", this would be a great opportunity for you to cash in.

What's going to help us the most is getting some guys back that were unavailable against Louisville.

Jimmy will have the team ready to go. FSU hangs tough for a half but Wake wins by 17.

Is there a feeling this will happen? Also what’s up with Greene - is he COVID or something else?

Clawson after the game: "As late as Thursday, we thought we might have him. And then he had a lower body injury and he just didn’t feel right on Thursday. We’re going to keep our fingers crossed and hope that we get him back next Saturday."

Jaquarii Roberson after the game: "Well, we knew for a few days (he wouldn’t be able to play). Yeah, we knew for a few days before today."

Is there a feeling this will happen? Also what’s up with Greene - is he COVID or something else?

Don't know, hopefully. I do know that a defense that is missing Boogie, Kamara, and Tyler Williams up front and Greer, Redd, Rucker and others in the back end, is probably going to struggle against most FBS teams.

WF is favored by 7. So, if you think FSU "will kill us", this would be a great opportunity for you to cash in.

Hard to say what will happen but it sure would help to get a bunch of players back that did not play at Louisville!!

Amazing how the depth at receiver drops off after Roberson, Greene and Morin.

Did Groulx play at WR on Saturday? He's listed on the participation chart, but I don't remember seeing him on the field.

Did Groulx play at WR on Saturday? He's listed on the participation chart, but I don't remember seeing him on the field.

I don't think he did. I think we probably were depending on Donald Stewart giving us some quality depth at WR and that hasn't happened.

Off the top of my head, there was one far-sideline throw that Sam missed by about 3-4 yards that I'm almost positive Groulx was the target.

Also, per Chad Grier's tweet a day or two before the game, Groulx was expected to start. Wouldn't be unheard of to go from supposedly starting to not playing, but I'd be surprised if that was the case. He was right about Monroe starting over Smenda, so would think his info wasn't bad.

PPS -- Clawson never mentioned Groulx missing when he was naming players who were out.

I don't think he did. I think we probably were depending on Donald Stewart giving us some quality depth at WR and that hasn't happened.

Stewart has been a letdown.

I suppose Nolan has been slightly as well, but he’s only a freshman. He’ll grow up eventually. I did see Groulx on the sideline, though can’t recall if he entered the game or not.

Stewart had 14 catches in his career at Stanford and had one catch since 2017 before this fall; I think he's given us about what was to be expected based on his career at Stanford

Stewart had 14 catches in his career at Stanford and had one catch since 2017 before this fall; I think he's given us about what was to be expected based on his career at Stanford

I think we expected more than what we've seen, maybe it wasn't realistic, but still.

Agree. I watched Duke vs FSU. Their speed on D but especially in the backfield will result in another bad day. FSU ran like UNC on Miami. Big chunk yardage plays ala us vs NCSU. Unless major players return, I think a Louisville score is likely.

Back