• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF v FSU. Noon kickoff ACCN

Yeah...I'm 50/50 that we will even play a bowl. Need enough guys who are willing to play. They've made it this far...Why not push forward another 2 weeks?

Me too, l'd love to see our guys have 5 bowls in a row and get a chance to play after the last 2 disappointing outings, but you've got to wonder how much motivation there is to continue on. I mean our guys prepared all week for tomorrow and that quickly it gets cancelled. Maybe time to call it a day for the 2020 campaign.

the bowl streak will not end if we don't play in one this season. This season doesn't count, especially if we only play 7 games. Half the bowls won't be played probably and the others are scrambling to find participants (record be damned).

the bowl streak will not end if we don't play in one this season. This season doesn't count, especially if we only play 7 games. Half the bowls won't be played probably and the others are scrambling to find participants (record be damned).

Yeah, that's kind of I feel too. Choosing to not play in a bowl this season does not change the streak in any reasonable person's mind.

Me too, l'd love to see our guys have 5 bowls in a row and get a chance to play after the last 2 disappointing outings, but you've got to wonder how much motivation there is to continue on. I mean our guys prepared all week for tomorrow and that quickly it gets cancelled. Maybe time to call it a day for the 2020 campaign.

Good grief. The conference is only good for trying to get Clemson and ND into the playoff.

I sorta hope we do go to two bowls now.

I'm still hopeful that we will play in a bowl. The players were definitely excited about the opportunity earlier in the week. And it gives us the chance to finish with a winning record.

The media said that VT not going bowling would end their 27 year streak. Not sure why we would be any different. I knew I did not want FSU in the conference-- feel the same way about Notre Dame. All they care about is their own program-- not really team oriented. Be interesting to see if FSU keeps their coach. I really feel sorry for the seniors. If FSU had jus cancelled a week ago, we might have been able to get a game for Saturday and honor the seniors. FSU is a turd on so many levels

Yes ! Two bowls would be awesome.

That would be awesome and I would think has never been done before as long as you don't count the CFP semis and finals as bowls. Heck as many teams as have opted out, 3 might be doable.

The media said that VT not going bowling would end their 27 year streak. Not sure why we would be any different. I knew I did not want FSU in the conference-- feel the same way about Notre Dame. All they care about is their own program-- not really team oriented. Be interesting to see if FSU keeps their coach. I really feel sorry for the seniors. If FSU had jus cancelled a week ago, we might have been able to get a game for Saturday and honor the seniors. FSU is a turd on so many levels

Also need to rid ourselves of Ga Tech.

Assholes never had any intentions of traveling to play this game. Would've been at least nice to have had the time to try and schedule someone to play this weekend.

Assholes never had any intentions of traveling to play this game. Would've been at least nice to have had the time to try and schedule someone to play this weekend.

This is our guys senior day and it pisses me off that FSU pissed out because they know it would be a loss

If FSU had pulled out by say mid-week , a Charlotte-Wake game could have possibly been put together if both schools were interested.

It might be time to call it a season and let the players enjoy the break. The disappointment will diminish once they are home for the holidays and free to visit with family and friends. Their is no guarantee a bowl game won't be cancelled as well.

https://theacc.com/news/2020/12/18/florida-state-at-wake-forest-football-game-canceled.aspx

"Earlier today, Florida State informed the conference office of a positive test, subsequent quarantining, and contact tracing resulting in Florida State having an insufficient number of available offensive linemen as outlined in the ACC Medical Advisory Group’s COVID-19 game discontinuation considerations."

FSU hasn't had enough competent offensive lineman for years now.

the whole season has been a shitshow but this is kinda bullshit...they definitely didn't want to travel AND take the L

Back