• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Class of 2017 Admissions Questions

I haven't heard about many actual questions that are used. One from last Fall was: "How would you compare the French Revolution to the Occupy Wall Street movement?"
I don't think they are all academic-related but I would certainly go into the interview being moderately knowledgeable about current events.

LOL.

I can't imagine the BS spewed in trying to answer that one.

Personal interview? What the french? People have to visit to apply?

No. Interviews can be done over Skype if the applicant isn't able to interview in person. I believe there are some alumni in admissions officers who can conduct interviews in person in their cities as well.

BDer, do you know anyone in admissions I could talk to about doing this for the PDX area?

yeah my sister did some interviews and she only lives like 3 hours away from where she did her undergrad

One from last Fall was: "How would you compare the French Revolution to the Occupy Wall Street movement?"
First thought is this seems to imply Occupy Wall Street actually accomplished something.
Second thought is Occupy Wall Street would have accomplished government reform if the guillotine was legalized in the US.
Third thought is a mental image of James Dimon being guillotined.

oh man, I wanna interview kids for wake, that'd be silly

Interviewing kids for Wake would have to involve these questions if done by anyone on the boards:

1) How do you feel about ACC expansion?
2) Should Wake strive to be a footbal school or a basketball school?
3) Bzzzz in or out?
4) Do you find Moonz funny?

Unfortunately only current staff members in the office are able to conduct the interviews in person. We do not currently use Alumni in areas. Students may also have an interview with one of our retired professors.

Very similar to what I answered two years ago.

Wake should get on using alumni for interviews. I know Duke does that (and I'm sure numerous other schools).

Count me in as someone who would be stoked to do it, too.

Wake should get on using alumni for interviews. I know Duke does that (and I'm sure numerous other schools).

:rulz: I had to attempt a Duke interview 3 times. First time the guy was there but was looking for a BOY and thought I hadn't shown. Second time he couldn't get there in the snow (although I clearly made it there). Third time we finally connected.

yep, did that.
the woman was frigid.

Back