• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

They didn’t get the memo that what happens on OGBoards stays on OGBoards.

Lol, that's incredible. Nothing burger is not a bad, sarcastic nickname to add for Williams.

I mean, do we know for sure that Jalen Johnson wouldn't have had a quadruple double and a 40-point game by now?

That's good promo for the boards. Sucks for Pilch though. Could have been any of us at any time.

That's good promo for the boards. Sucks for Pilch though. Could have been any of us at any time.

Agreed. Pilch is one of the best posters on this board and provides a wealth of information as well as his opinion. Anyone that provides that much content will obviously have takes that arent correct, could have been anyone.

Agreed. Pilch is one of the best posters on this board and provides a wealth of information as well as his opinion. Anyone that provides that much content will obviously have takes that arent correct, could have been anyone.

He’s one of the staunchest defenders of all our players and programs. To the point that he’s become the board police, scolding other posters for having differing opinions. (Not like RChill or anything, of course.)

One time I mentioned that he had a few blind spots and he took offense to that. I wasn’t intending to be malicious. Everybody has them. He’s obviously a great Deacon. So for him to be scolded publicly by the players he lauds goes down as one of the more ironic moments in the history of the boards.

Yep. That said, it's hilarious. And if hating Pilch's hot takes gives this team the motivation they need to be the best team they can, that's awesome.

Speak for yourself. Most of us are never wrong.

So I've heard.

Last edited:
I own it.

Was well aware of Williams at Oklahoma (he shot 16% from 3 in 2021 and wasn't an elite defender -- not exactly the profile for a high level 2 guard in today's college hoop), and will happily admit that I didn't see this coming: i wasn't even close. I thought WF target Armaan Franklin (IU to UVA transfer) was the far better player, and he has been awful this year.

Below is ranking of the top 85 transfers heading into the season, and there are some big-time stiffs rated. No Alondes and no Jake. Forbes is light-years ahead of me. As it should be. Kudos to Alondes and kudos to our coach. Hope they keep killing it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/penny-hardaway-looks-to-memphis-veterans-in-must-win-game-against-no-9-alabama-as-optimism-is-restored/

Last edited:
I own it.

Was well aware of Williams at Oklahoma, and will happily admit that I didn't see this coming: i wasn't even close. I thought WF target Armaan Franklin (IU to UVA transfer) was the far better player, and he has been awful this year.

Below is ranking of the top 85 transfers heading into the season, and there are some big-time stiffs rated. No Alondes and no Jake. Forbes is light-years ahead of me. As it should be. Kudos to Alondes and kudos to our coach. Hope they keep killing it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...against-no-9-alabama-as-optimism-is-restored/

Now we just need that twitter account to reply to that tweet with this followup post, so the world can see Pilch is a reasonable poster and fan.

It is pretty funny considering I'd put Pilch in the category of "more positive about players" vs most.

I own it.

Was well aware of Williams at Oklahoma, and will happily admit that I didn't see this coming: i wasn't even close. I thought WF target Armaan Franklin (IU to UVA transfer) was the far better player, and he has been awful this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/penny-hardaway-looks-to-memphis-veterans-in-must-win-game-against-no-9-alabama-as-optimism-is-restored/

How does it feel to be the singular motivation for Alondes' improvement this year?

Pilch, could you pen something about how this talentless group of nothing burgers has no chance at making the Final Four this season?

Can’t hurt.

Back