• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Guys I'm suffering from vibe deflation disorder... Very very low vibe levels from The other board.

Same.

However, to be fair, all of the options we are excited about are also being contacted by dozens of other schools. All of them would have to be considered well under 50/50 to join Wake. The fact that we got LaRavia so quickly was amazing (and perhaps skewed our near-term expectations to a level that was too optimistic).

Sounds like the very definition of being a Wake Forest fan.

Only for the past 10 years and only in our basketball program... I just don't see the benefit of passing around "Vibes!!!" posts like a pack of middle school girls. There's nothing to replace that with - just post news, opinions, and updates like a normal fanbase.

Same.

However, to be fair, all of the options we are excited about are also being contacted by dozens of other schools. All of them would have to be considered well under 50/50 to join Wake. The fact that we got LaRavia so quickly was amazing (and perhaps skewed our near-term expectations to a level that was too optimistic).

We are in the middle of the NCAA tournament. We are also in the middle of a dead period for recruiting HS players. As many players as there are in the portal, the number grows everyday. Myreon Jones from Penn State (2 year starter at the 2 guard spot), just entered the portal today. It would be nice if Forbes wrapped up 2021 recruiting this week, but he was coaching ETSU at this time last year, and he signed multiple transfers well into April. So, as a fan, the anxiousness to get commitments is understandable, but this will be a long and drawn out process. Among other things impacting the process, we aren't close to the end of the coaching carousel phase yet, and coaches movement also spurs a flurry of transfers.

Know its hard, but be patient. Have no doubt that the WF staff is working as hard as any staff in the country in vetting available talent. More players are coming; it just isn't likely to all happen this week or next or even the week after that.

Only for the past 10 years and only in our basketball program... I just don't see the benefit of passing around "Vibes!!!" posts like a pack of middle school girls. There's nothing to replace that with - just post news, opinions, and updates like a normal fanbase.

I like you. And I get it, but...

blogger-image--2054056721.jpg

We are in the middle of the NCAA tournament. We are also in the middle of a dead period for recruiting HS players. As many players as there are in the portal, the number grows everyday. Myreon Jones from Penn State (2 year starter at the 2 guard spot), just entered the portal today. It would be nice if Forbes wrapped up 2021 recruiting this week, but he was coaching ETSU at this time last year, and he signed multiple transfers well into April. So, as a fan, the anxiousness to get commitments is understandable, but this will be a long and drawn out process. Among other things impacting the process, we aren't close to the end of the coaching carousel phase yet, and coaches movement also spurs a flurry of transfers.

Know its hard, but be patient. Have no doubt that the WF staff is working as hard as any staff in the country in vetting available talent. More players are coming; it just isn't likely to all happen this week or next or even the week after that.

Right, and there are going to be a lot more disappointments between now and when the roster is filled out.

FWIW, I saw the staff has already reached out to Myreon Jones.

Everyone else is secondary to Aidoo. I fear if IU hires Matta, Moser will go to Marquette and Aidoo will stay.

Can we at least all agree that the "get out of town Bud" thing has transformed into a corny dad joke level thing?

Can we at least all agree that the "get out of town Bud" thing has transformed into a corny dad joke level thing?

That has been an informal way of letting people know a (basketball) commitment was likely to happen soon. No reason to get rid of it.

That’s an unusual list. Some legit high majors and then A&T and Central? And I’ve never even heard of Coppington.

Wow. Kellen Grady from Davidson enters the portal.

He will have every blue blood after him.

The good thing about all this talent entering the portal is there will be "leftover talent for LOWF". In other words, looks to be enough to go around.

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - LaRavia+, Neath/Okpomo/Wilkins/Adams/Massoud-

That’s an unusual list. Some legit high majors and then A&T and Central? And I’ve never even heard of Coppington.

Probably more like the kid or writer chose to list everyone instead of leaving out low majors. I imagine A&T and Central reach out to everyone too. “Coppington” is probably Coppin State.

I agree that more players in the portal is good. There’s a limited window for limited spots. If more blue bloods are fighting over a few guys.

Last edited:
Wow. Kellen Grady from Davidson enters the portal.

He will have every blue blood after him.

The good thing about all this talent entering the portal is there will be "leftover talent for LOWF". In other words, looks to be enough to go around.

Three years ago in response to a KP Report someone (maybe Guitar Deac) claimed that Grady was an NBA lock. He's pretty good, but he's not that good. His Davidson teams are 0-2 against Danny Manning led WF and 0-6 against ACC teams, including last week's loss to NC State in the NIT.

That said, he has good size for a guard (6-5) is versatile. Would be a good addition. He's from Boston.

Last edited:
Back