• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Against me doing what now?

The facts are the facts. Jahmir Young and Will Richard couldn't get into Wake with all the help in the world. Pretty much everyone with 2 years left, unless they're a graduate transfer is essentially a non-starter in terms of credits, and some of the guys aren't good enough.

Just because I "haven't been a Wake fan for as long as some".. what on earth does that matter? Sorry I wasn't around when Wake had a top-20 NBA player fall in their lap because a coach randomly knew someone in the islands or one of the best PGs ever to play didn't get an offer from the place he wanted to?" Bad things happen to just about every program, I grew up a GT fan if you REALLY want to talk about a school that has some shit luck.

Neither of us would make statements like that without double or triple vetting them, especially when last year we were both very up front on misses like Brockington/McKoy etc. Just like in football they have to be absurdly selective given all the hoops to jump through, and then even more to make sure they're actually good enough to play. So I'm sorry for *checks notes* calling someone out on stuff that's false?

The boat is obviously sinking.

Any eligibility left? We might have an open scholarship for him at this rate

He’s a 6’4” 72 year old small forward. Might be a good addition. He’s currently testing the NBA waters but I’ll dm Forbes on Twitter and let him know to keep an eye on him.

He’s a 6’4” 72 year old small forward. Might be a good addition. He’s currently testing the NBA waters but I’ll dm Forbes on Twitter and let him know to keep an eye on him.

Is he vaccinated ?

Only concern with Ituka is how he started only 16 games and averaged only 22 minutes last season - his playing time increase significantly after the new year, which is a good sign, but something to keep in mind while we're pencilling him into the starting lineup

yeah, ituka (and carr) profile to me as solid role players (which we need, but desperately so if we lose williamson and/or mucius) but neither seem like adequate replacements for manman or laravia. i’m expecting monsanto to step up but still think we need a major addition or two to avoid taking a step back talent wise. carr is also another guy who looks like a subpar rebounder, which was already a major issue last season.

Only concern with Ituka is how he started only 16 games and averaged only 22 minutes last season - his playing time increase significantly after the new year, which is a good sign, but something to keep in mind while we're pencilling him into the starting lineup

I don't think it's a concern. He was a freshman. He didn't start until January. He averaged 25 mpg and 16.8 ppg in those starts.

yeah, ituka (and carr) profile to me as solid role players (which we need, but desperately so if we lose williamson and/or mucius) but neither seem like adequate replacements for manman or laravia. i’m expecting monsanto to step up but still think we need a major addition or two to avoid taking a step back talent wise. carr is also another guy who looks like a subpar rebounder, which was already a major issue last season.

Maybe they'll be here more than one year.

Marist had a big rotation all year - they had 9 guys play at least 450 minutes for the season (WF had 6 such players) and even in the last 3 games had 9-10 guys play 10+ minutes

Forbes obviously has a different philosophy

Yeah, and his team sucked too.

Marist had 5 players enter the portal - along with Ituka, Ricardo Wright was the teams second leading scorer and is transferring to SMU. I'm wondering if something's going on behind the scenes there.

getting tyree appleby for pg would be huge. still gonna suck at rebounding though.

does hand size run in the family?

I don't think it's a concern. He was a freshman. He didn't start until January. He averaged 25 mpg and 16.8 ppg in those starts.

I understand, it just gives me pause when guys are saying that he's going to step up a level in competition and instantly be our starting PG. I'm not saying he won't succeed, just pumping the breaks on my expectations.

Marist had a big rotation all year - they had 9 guys play at least 450 minutes for the season (WF had 6 such players) and even in the last 3 games had 9-10 guys play 10+ minutes

Forbes obviously has a different philosophy

That's a fair assessment.

I understand, it just gives me pause when guys are saying that he's going to step up a level in competition and instantly be our starting PG. I'm not saying he won't succeed, just pumping the breaks on my expectations.

brakes

Well right now, there's no other option for starting PG except maybe McCray.

Perhaps one could argue that Ituka is what McCray would have been if he played at Marist last year.

Appleby
Ituka
Daivien
Hildreth
Monsanto

Danny ball with 5 guards, except the guards are actually good.

Back