• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

So another Alondes. I can't imagine many underutilized guards with NBA bodies are just hanging around college basketball. I hope Forbes can strike gold again, but I think it's much more likely to get a guy like Appleby and that's fine.
yeah, you can hide one guy. its tough when your backcourt is <cough> 6 ft

Other than the total number of points, Antoine Davis and Maravich aren't comparable. In addition to the three point shot, Maravich played in 83 college games and averaged 44+ a game. Davis played in 144 college games and averaged 25 a game.

And while I like Marsh and have been encouraged by his play this season, he was a mess today on defense (and rebounding, in general). We need a rim protector.

Carr is very good and will be better when 100% healthy. But I'd rather he and Bobi play the 3/4 than the 4/5.
Marsh actually played his best defense of the season in the last 10 minutes. He actually blocked a couple of shots.

8-25 from deep so he did struggle when increasing his volume.

I'd also say his handle started to look much more comfortable and his decision making was improving.

Really looked like the game is beginning to slow down for him.

Marsh actually played his best defense of the season in the last 10 minutes. He actually blocked a couple of shots.
This was Marsh's first off-season working with Wake S&C guys. He I'd finally playing like a dude who is 7 feet tall. He doesn't seem to have rebounding position instints, and probably never will. However, he can get stronger at holding on to those that come his way.

With more lower body strength, he will be a better defender against the dribble butt bump offense of guys like Burns.

Another mention of Bobi Klintman in Sam Vecenie's Top 100 Big Board.

He's not listed in that Top 100 (because Vecenie eliminates anyone he's pretty sure isn't going to declare), but he does say this:

I’m really interested in 6-foot-10 wing Bobi Klintman at Wake Forest long term, but he’s just emerging and would probably be better served to take the upside swing at staying and trying his luck in 2024.

Also an interesting article on which Duke players will stay and which will enter the draft. As it stands right now, it seems like they'll be able to bring quite a few players back (not Lively, Whitehead, or maybe Filipowski). I might be rooting for a deep run from them in order to get Proctor and Mitchell to try their luck in the NBA Draft.

Best thing for Klintman would be for a healthy Monsanto to come back... That way, Klintman can excel at all of the stat-stuffing things that he does very well (rebounding, blocking shots, etc), but he can be efficient with his scoring (where I think he'll still look pretty raw next season).

3's and dunks/putbacks.

Before I get too excited for Bobi, i remind myself I thought Vytus D was going to be be first team ACC before he left....

Back