• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Made what team? A g-league team? Monsanto is definitely a sniper from deep but there's also a lot of film of him making boneheaded decisions that wouldn't play in the NBA. He defintely has the potential to play in the NBA though.
Sure, maybe but I think he’d stick somewhere in the league eventually. Maturity and a different level of play negates some of the boneheaded decisions, IMHO. Can’t have too many deadeye shooters on your team and he has legit NBA range now. That’s hard to find in a frame like his. I’m also hugely biased. He’s been my fave player for a while.

Assuming he comes back just as strong from injury, I agree. He has the range and shooting necessary. He doesn’t have the diversity of offensive moves necessary to dominate in college, but he won’t need to in the NBA because he will be the third or fourth scoring option. For an example, look at how obnoxious Dukie turned fantastic podcaster JJ Redick’s game changed from college to the NBA. In the league he took mostly jumpers off of screens. Monsanto has that.

Monsanto is superb at making threes. He plays pretty good D. NBA teams will take that all day everyday and figure they can make a useful player from that.

after all the head scratchers we've had since the DM days, I would not have been surprised at all if Monsanto left early. dude can shoot and that's something to hang your hat on

This team game to game, half to half, minute to minute was very inconsistent. I'm convinced that was the biggest problem. Not that they would make a final four. Just that they would have won more games and probably held their own fate in their hands come tourney time.

In addition to our known games vs Rutgers and @ Georgia, looks like we will be playing in the Cayman Islands Classic. Not a great tournament, but an upgrade over Jamaica, I think. This years field was Illinois State, LSU, Western Kentucky, Akron, Nevada, Tulane, Kansas State and Rhode Island.

In addition to our known games vs Rutgers and @ Georgia, looks like we will be playing in the Cayman Islands Classic. Not a great tournament, but an upgrade over Jamaica, I think. This years field was Illinois State, LSU, Western Kentucky, Akron, Nevada, Tulane, Kansas State and Rhode Island.

That was 2 Q1 teams this past year (K State and Nevada)

WF needs to beat whatever scrub we get in R1 and hope the other decent team(s) advance

we reach out to just about everybody

does not necessarily mean we're going to offer a scholarship

What is going on…we need a PG
We're gonna talk to everybody.

There is a SMALL chance that Forbes is ok rolling with Ituka and Cam. I don't think that's the case, because it's a "win now" year next year, and I think he wants another PG.

That being said, you've gotta talk to basically anybody who is coming out because maybe you can grab a stud at a position you weren't even looking for.

We're gonna talk to everybody.

There is a SMALL chance that Forbes is ok rolling with Ituka and Cam. I don't think that's the case, because it's a "win now" year next year, and I think he wants another PG.

That being said, you've gotta talk to basically anybody who is coming out because maybe you can grab a stud at a position you weren't even looking for.

There’s not even a small chance.

We’re going to have 3 or 4 ‘ships. They know what they are doing.

3 of 4 scholarships after accounting for the incoming freshmen? So who's leaving?

Back