• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Well, we have already gone round and round about that…let’s just see what happens.

Still need 1-2 PGs and hopefully a scoring big. After that, another shooter isn’t a bad idea. It just seems like we are only after wing guard/forwards

We're gonna talk to everybody.

There is a SMALL chance that Forbes is ok rolling with Ituka and Cam. I don't think that's the case, because it's a "win now" year next year, and I think he wants another PG.

That being said, you've gotta talk to basically anybody who is coming out because maybe you can grab a stud at a position you weren't even looking for.
Wow, you do?

I don't see any scenario where Forbes would be comfortable with an unproven guard coming off a major injury, an injured Monsanto, two freshman guards, and TBD on Taylor and McCray. The only known quantity there is Cam, and he can't carry the team. That is a recipe for a .500-ish or worse season, and puts him squarely on the hot seat for Year 5.

Why would he not overhaul the roster this year in the transfer market, like he has tried to do the last two seasons?

No scoop but we will have 4 scholarships to load up in the portal.

Only guys I'm very confident will return are:
Carr, Cam, Bobi, Marsh

Feel pretty good about returning:
Monsanto, Keller

Wouldn't be surprised to see transfer:
Taylor, McCray, Ituka

Gone:
Bradford

I would swap Bobi and Keller. No inside info.

When other coaches are calling you out in pressers and you are catching the eye of twitter scouts... that makes me a bit uneasy.

Really strange the vibe with Ituka thinking of leaving. Maybe he just decided wake isn't for him? Otherwise. He's going to walk away from a lot of playing time.

If Forbes is as good as I think he is then we shouldn't be worrying about losing Bobi.

If we lose Bobi, then we are in a world of hurt.

I just don't see Mit and Forbes letting us lose Bobi. We will pony up the cash if need be. It's my understanding we will be using NIL moreso to keep players than to go find new ones.

Wow, you do?

I don't see any scenario where Forbes would be comfortable with an unproven guard coming off a major injury, an injured Monsanto, two freshman guards, and TBD on Taylor and McCray. The only known quantity there is Cam, and he can't carry the team. That is a recipe for a .500-ish or worse season, and puts him squarely on the hot seat for Year 5.

Why would he not overhaul the roster this year in the transfer market, like he has tried to do the last two seasons?
Personally I see no world where we don't make PG as the biggest primary transfer portal need, followed closely behind a 5.

Bobi seems pretty happy here, got a ton of playing time down the stretch and surely knows he will be a key piece next year. Obviously money can change a lot though. As Creamy said, if he leaves we are in a lot of trouble.

Yeah if we lose Bobi it's much bigger and much worse than just losing Bobi. It means we aren't set up to compete in the current state of college hoops and players don't view us as big time basketball.

I think that's all a moot point because we won't lose Bobi, and we ARE set up to compete in the NIL world.

Really strange the vibe with Ituka thinking of leaving. Maybe he just decided wake isn't for him? Otherwise. He's going to walk away from a lot of playing time.
I was really surprised by even the mere mention of it. All the team captain talk and the obvious opportunity to start next year. I think you must be right that he just wasn’t happy here. The other thing I considered was that he felt he couldn’t play at this level but he hardly played at all this year so tough to reach that conclusion. I would assume it could be tough for him to find a new spot coming off an injury and having missed virtually an entire season.

Yeah if we lose Bobi it's much bigger and much worse than just losing Bobi. It means we aren't set up to compete in the current state of college hoops and players don't view us as big time basketball.

I think that's all a moot point because we won't lose Bobi, and we ARE set up to compete in the NIL world.
I choose to join you in optimism. I am absolutely loving Bobi so I don’t even want to consider him not being here. We haven’t had a wing talent like him in a long time.

Aren't there restrictions on international athletes getting NIL? RTQ will have to be creative. Do they have anything with Cam or Marsh?

Wow, you do?

Yea if we roll into next year with Ituka and Cam at PG then things have gone very very poorly in the transfer portal.

Back