• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Yep. He should need a waiver as WF would be Reid's 3rd school in three years, and doubt that Reid received his college degree in four semesters.

It's possible Gonzaga pulled his ship (which could be a grounds for a waiver) as Reid had 12 DNPs, and never played more than 7 minutes in a game after the New Year.

He was stuck behind Timme and Gregg, but not promising numbers last year. I would still probably take a high potential talent at the 5, but a lot of questions.

What’s the waiver story?

He's already transferred twice in 2 years. From LSU to Gonzaga and now elsewhere.

The thinking is that VCU might work because he'd be going home to Richmond, VA and could claim he's transferring for mental health reasons. I guess he could still do that with Wake and just say that being on the West Coast was too much for him mentally/emotionally.

and if you need a waiver, you can claim you want to go home. Reed is from Richmond.

ETA as ATS said

FWIW, every year the NCAA claims that they are going start cracking down on those players in the transfer portal for the second time before graduating and are poised to scrutinize the grounds for waivers, and then each year, there seem to be an endless number of players on their third (or more) school without sitting out and without graduating. Guessing WF and Reid can find a way to get the waiver if they are so determined.

That's the fit with Reid... You don't have to guarantee him 30mpg. He can come in and play 20mpg and cause some havoc on defense with some dunks and putbacks on the offensive end.

He's definitely a risk, but that's why he's perhaps attainable. I don't see us pulling in a stud 5. There just aren't a ton of them out there.

In the last two years, Forbes has had 9-man rotations that became 8-man rotations, but that was often due more to incompetency (Bradford and Whitt) than it seemed to be about wanting to whittle it down to 8. I think it's fair to assume we'll roll out a 9-man rotation again this year, as anything more than that is rare.

Barring injuries, one of the below guys has to come out for it to be a 9-man rotation. Jao, MMM, and the [Marsh/Keller] question seem to be the three that seem logical. I expect others (Friedrichsen especially) to play situationally especially early in the year and in comfortable games.

Guards: Boopie, Jao, Cam, Sallis
Wings: Bobi, Damari, MMM
Bigs: Transfer, Carr, [Keller/Marsh]
Those are some sharp shooting guards!!!!

at least with Reid, it appears that he has a low post move or two.

Bradford looked way more athletic in his highlights as well.

Bradford looked way more athletic in his highlights as well.

True, but he also had a weight and injury problem that took that away from Year 1 to Year 2 (& Year 3 at Wake).

Reid's weight problem is that he could stand to put on a few pounds.

Back