• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Time to pay up! He's going to be recruited by everybody
That he is!

1) Rising Senior. Pretty much a no go when it comes to things
2) I think the early expectation is Cal
3) if he doesn't end up at Cal, he's heading to the highest bidder that loses out on Hunter Dickinson
4) Wake doesn't have the minutes to offer him.

At least from what I've heard he's essentially on the cusp of a rising senior so that's how he's being classified. 5 semesters + 2 summers. Pretty much there. I'm positive Wake would rip the credits from whatever major he was pursuing to absolute shreds.

He would also need 60 credits from Wake. So he would need to complete 30? Credits needed for his major plus whatever Wake divisional he would need in two summers plus two years.

From the Wake admissions side of things, in large picture terms, in-transferring athletes need to:
1. Have credits acceptable to Wake that put the academic status equal to or greater than the number of years of eligibility used.

2. Have enough eligible time remaining to complete at least 60 credits at WFU.

3. Have enough eligible time remaining to complete Wake divisional requirements.

4. Have enough eligible time remaining to complete Wake major requirements.

Then it is up to the incoming student athlete if he is willing to accept whatever credit losses he incurs from th above. And it is up to him or her to be willing to put in the academic work necessary to complete a Wake degree.

Last edited:
He would also need 60 credits from Wake. So he would need to complete 30? Credits needed for his major plus whatever Wake divisional he would need in two summers plus two years.

From the Wake admissions side of things, in large picture terms, in-transferring athletes need to:
Have credits acceptable to Wake tha
It's the dumbest thing Wake does. Line by line they'll see which credits even transfer in, some majors only accept like 6-10 credit hours from transfer places, some don't accept any at all. It's absolutely brutal to transfer into Wake

First time I’ve seen a guy say he was transferring for his mental health. What’s the deal with that?

First time I’ve seen a guy say he was transferring for his mental health. What’s the deal with that?
Mental health is one of the reasons NCAA will grant a waiver of sitting out a year for second transfer. That, if he gets a mental health waiver, he is immediately eligible and does not have to sit out a year.

Mental health is one of the reasons NCAA will grant a waiver of sitting out a year for second transfer. That, if he gets a mental health waiver, he is immediately eligible and does not have to sit out a year.
Bandaogo already transferred once. He was getting out in front with his rationale for a waiver.

Boopie/Jao/Sallis
Cam/Sallis/Damari/Parker
Damari//Bobi/Sallis
Bobi/Carr/Keller/MMM
Carr/Efton/Marsh

That's gotta be a good squad, right? Like, given Jao is decent, Damari recovers and Bobi comes back.

Boopie/Jao/Sallis
Cam/Sallis/Damari/Parker
Damari//Bobi/Sallis
Bobi/Carr/Keller/MMM
Carr/Efton/Marsh

That's gotta be a good squad, right? Like, given Jao is decent, Damari recovers and Bobi comes back.

Man, that looks like a good crew…excited!

I don't see how that squad isn't in the top 25 most of the year IF the those givens happen.

Boopie/Jao/Sallis
Cam/Sallis/Damari/Parker
Damari//Bobi/Sallis
Bobi/Carr/Keller/MMM
Carr/Efton/Marsh

Three big ifs and multiple question marks to be answered between now and November.

Three big ifs and multiple question marks to be answered between now and November.
Agreed. My confidence level of Damari being full speed and Bobi coming back -- very high.

Still have no idea what to think about Ituka

Back