• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Someone remind me when we will officially know about Bobi one way or another? What's the deadline to stay/withdraw from the draft?
We've got awhile. The draft lottery isn't even for 2.5 weeks.

Yeah, I hope we get an update from Forbes in the near future. Probably won't be for another month or so, once we know the roster and most everyone is on campus.

I can't see Bobi staying in the NBA Draft... Not really worried about him leaving, so wing depth not too bad.

giphy.gif

We should know in two weeks if Bobi gets invited to the NBA combine. If so, he'll participate in the combine the next week. Last year, LaRavia performed very well and it was pretty clear he was staying in.

What was Monsanto's injury again and what is the anticipated timeline for return? He's had surgery already, correct?

Surgery in March, 6-9 months (not nice) was the timeline. Hopefully he treats that timeline like he did the Achilles one. I’m personally hoping he’s back on court by September, which seems reasonable.

I’m officially on the Efton wagon. He would stretch the floor for us on both ends and could see him rotating in well with Carr/Keller. We would be big and have a bunch of guys who could shoot the ball. Still a little worried about what our defense looks like, TBH, but we would have a deep bench by February/March…something we haven’t been able to say under Forbes or the ten years prior. I’m pumped for next season.

I’m officially on the Efton wagon. He would stretch the floor for us on both ends and could see him rotating in well with Carr/Keller. We would be big and have a bunch of guys who could shoot the ball. Still a little worried about what our defense looks like, TBH, but we would have a deep bench by February/March…something we haven’t been able to say under Forbes or the ten years prior. I’m pumped for next season.

I think you overrate his ability to stretch the floor on offense. He’s better than Marsh and Bradford there (who isn’t?) but he’s not going to be a big contributor on offense if we get him. His big upside vs current roster is rim protection. Had a similar block rate to Dallas in his year at Wake in his freshman year at LSU when he was playing about half the game on a solid team

i'm not too high on reid

he has almost the exact same profile as bradford

naw, i'm not particularly pumped about him either but there's gotta be a reason he was a five star recruit. bradford moved like he was a recovering paraplegic.

i'm 95% sure the biggest reason they are getting compared is because they look alike

Last edited:
Found this gem: When Reid faced Wake Forest's Dallas Walton, he had 14 points on 77.8% shooting, two rebounds and a block, getting out-rebounded but scoring significantly more than opposing seven-footer Dallas Walton, who put up six points and 10 rebounds while shooting 25% from the field.

naw, i'm not particularly pumped about him either but there's gotta be a reason he was a five star recruit. bradford moved like he was a recovering paraplegic.

i'm 95% sure the biggest reason they are getting compared is because they look alike
Savage but 😂

they are the same size, and stats are very comparable

At the current time, I see next season's Wake team as both low floor and high ceiling.

The low floor is because multiple guys are coming off significant injuries. Which ones get back to playing like they did before incurring the injury? When does that happen? Does Bobi stay in the NBA draft? Efton isn't officially on the Wake team. He is still not for certain.

The high ceiling:

The infirmary guys all return quickly and play as well or better than they did before.

Marsh learns two effective low post moves, like Cam's baby hook and a drop step. Continues to convert lobs at a high percentage. Learns that putting a hand on an opponent's shot is allowed, and encouraged.

Bobi pulls out of the draft and plays as well or better than he did the last 6 games of 2023.

Hildreth gets more confidence in his threw point shooting and hits 35%+ on at least 100 attempts.

Boopie and Jao both show they are capable of running the offense and getting buckets both inside and from three point land.

Keller makes significant improvement and becomes "playable."

Carr continues to improve.

Friedrichsen provides at least "microwave" minutes off the bench. Is able to hit threes against ACC defense.

Efton commits to Wake and provides the rim protection many hope to see.

Forbes has the pleasant difficult task of getting minutes and doing the proper mix and match with 11 playable guys.

Last edited:
I think you overrate his ability to stretch the floor on offense. He’s better than Marsh and Bradford there (who isn’t?) but he’s not going to be a big contributor on offense if we get him. His big upside vs current roster is rim protection. Had a similar block rate to Dallas in his year at Wake in his freshman year at LSU when he was playing about half the game on a solid team
This is fair and you may be right based on what he’s done so far. I do think his appeal is that he can knock down midrange shots and in the admittedly very small sample size, has the ability to shoot the three as well. If he can play the Dallas Walton role on both ends, he would be a shot in the arm for our roster.

Back