• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Not only could McKoy play for 3 different ACC teams, he could also average 1 point a game for 3 teams. He's already done it once at UVA and twice at UNC. c'mon let him make history!

we should look at Dame Adelekun

6'8" PF from Dartmouth that is from Greensboro

we should look at Dame Adelekun

6'8" PF from Dartmouth that is from Greensboro
Really? Have you watched Ivy bball? It’s really bad. I watched in person for 6 years because I missed live sports. It was painful.

Really? Have you watched Ivy bball? It’s really bad. I watched in person for 6 years because I missed live sports. It was painful.
I'm sure whatever JUCO league Alondes came from was even worse, and Tyree Appleby's Horizon League level of play was probably comparable. You can find useful pieces anywhere. Look at Andrew Funk who transferred from Patriot League strugglers Bucknell to Penn State and helped lead them to the tournament.

I'm sure whatever JUCO league Alondes came from was even worse, and Tyree Appleby's Horizon League level of play was probably comparable. You can find useful pieces anywhere. Look at Andrew Funk who transferred from Patriot League strugglers Bucknell to Penn State and helped lead them to the tournament.
Neither Alondes or Tyree came straight to WF from either of those places.

They went to better programs than Wake and contributed though.

Dame is an interesting player, for sure.

Looks to rebound well and block the occasional shot, but doesn’t seem to shoot from the perimeter.

NJ22 the visiting prof from a juco school to lecture the roster construction thread on... something... I guess. Then pats himself on the back.

Wasn’t there a 6’8” or so stretch 4-ish type of player who graduated early from Dartmouth within the last two years, and who of course was contacted by Forbes? Briefly looked and could not find anyone fitting the bill. Maybe it was another Ivy.

I did find some Dartmouth players who transferred to Minnesota and Loyola who didn’t do much.

Completely disagree with this take. Ivy League is rated ahead of 19 of the 32 conferences (ahead of the Sun Belt, Southern Conference, Missouri Valley, MAC, MAAC, among many others), and unlike every other conference, they do not allow fifth year players; so, Ivy teams are younger than the teams in every other conference. Several Ivy transfers have started and played key roles on power conference teams in recent years:

Paul Atkinson: ND
Jordan Bruner: Bama
Mike Smith: Michigan
Bryce Aiken: Seton Hall
Chris Knight: Loyola-Chicago (not an Power Conference team, but Loyola went 25-8 at that year and was rated #29 in KP, made the NCAAT)

Plus, typically easier to accept Ivy League kids.

Would be beyond stupid to ignore Ivy League transfer portal candidates. Cast a wide net.

Starling, as expected, commits to Syracuse. That was quick.

Cuse fans all lathered up about a Mintz/Starling backcourt, but I'd be shocked if Mintz comes back.

And even if he does, that is 2 guards that can't shoot from the perimeter playing together. Good luck.

Dame is an interesting player, for sure.

Looks to rebound well and block the occasional shot, but doesn’t seem to shoot from the perimeter.
It really makes you appreciate what Walton was able to do last year. What I wouldn't give to have had him on this year's team...or next year's. Still can't believe that team didn't make the tourney.

Completely disagree with this take. Ivy League is rated ahead of 19 of the 32 conferences (ahead of the Sun Belt, Southern Conference, Missouri Valley, MAC, MAAC, among many others), and unlike every other conference, they do not allow fifth year players; so, Ivy teams are younger than the teams in every other conference. Several Ivy transfers have started and played key roles on power conference teams in recent years:

Paul Atkinson: ND
Jordan Bruner: Bama
Mike Smith: Michigan
Bryce Aiken: Seton Hall
Chris Knight: Loyola-Chicago (not an Power Conference team, but Loyola went 25-8 at that year and was rated #29 in KP, made the NCAAT)

Plus, typically easier to accept Ivy League kids.

Would be beyond stupid to ignore Ivy League transfer portal candidates. Cast a wide net.
Yeah, but Dartmouth. The Ivy League is definitely bouyed in the ratings by Princeton, Yale and Harvard. Dartmouth has sucked since the 1890s.

Back