• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Maybe a hot take, but his numbers don't pop out all that much for me.
Here were Nelson's last 5 games on the season:

February 18 UNCW - win: 39 points 3 boards 2 assists 3 steals
February 23 NC A&T - win : 30 points 7 boards 2 assists 2 steals
February 25 Elon - win: 22 points 5 boards 4 assists 2 steals
March 4 Northeastern - win: 28 points 4 boards 2 assists 3 steals
March 5 Towson - loss: 16 points 5 assists 1 steal

Those numbers pop for me.

Well when you put it that way!

I just did a quick skim of his KP individual page and saw his 3-pt shooting numbers.

High usage player plus solid efficiency and an ability to score. Not a great 3 point shooter (30% for the season) but draws a lot of fouls and shoots 52.5% inside so he's definitely able to get down the lane. Turnover rate a little bit better than Tyree but a much lower assist rate (although 24% there is good too - just not lead the ACC good).

Big concern for me is just his ability to finish inside against ACC bigs. Worst game of the year was against Duke - which no shame there, but he had a 102 offensive rating against Tier A+B teams on KP.

We could do a lot worse there

Jameer Nelson's kid, King Rice's kid, we can exorcise some demons. I don't think there is even anything specific to avenge with King Rice, I just assume he owned us.

if it makes y'all feel better then it seems like he was born when his dad was a freshman or sophomore in college, which is super early to have a kid

to break it down further he was 25% his first two years at George Washington (actually shot exactly 0.250 both years) and then 33.4% his two years at Delaware.

Back