• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

MDMH going with the "I'm the only one willing to tell you the hard truths" approach to separate himself from NJ is bold.
I said it last offseason - under this NIL transfer era, with a coach who relies on the portal as much as ours does, we have to expect the roster to turn over every year, and that means we are going to lose a lot of young players that in the past we would have expected to build with.

Just a perfect day:

barf.gif

I said it last offseason - under this NIL transfer era, with a coach who relies on the portal as much as ours does, we have to expect the roster to turn over every year, and that means we are going to lose a lot of young players that in the past we would have expected to build with.
First of all, you're not the only one to say it. Even Forbes has said it as a way his JUCO expertise would come in handy.
Second of all, this isn't the first time this has happened to Wake and it happened before this NIL transfer era.

Jaylen Hoard 2.0

Guys, it's past time to throw in the towel on college athletics. At least past time getting emotionally invested in them.

I'll continue to be a surface level fan and give a little money to our NIL Collective until we are booted outta a power conference.

I'm hoping the Julian Phillips mention earlier was someone letting some 247 info slip.

Unless he has a promise from a team already and they asked him not to go to the combine so he doesn't get sniped by another team before them.
So, they will promise him a spot if he doesn't go to the combine but then would refuse to pick him if does go to the combine and he was still available when they pick? That doesn't make sense.

Guys, it's past time to throw in the towel on college athletics. At least past time getting emotionally invested in them.

I'll continue to be a surface level fan and give a little money to our NIL Collective until we are booted outta a power conference.
A perfect summary of life as a Deac

Someone doesn't visit the Baseball thread.

So, they will promise him a spot if he doesn't go to the combine but then would refuse to pick him if does go to the combine and he was still available when they pick? That doesn't make sense.
Don't think any team would refuse to pick a player because they went ahead and attended the combine as long as that play met or exceeded expectations.

If anything, a team promised Klintman that they planned to take him if available when they pick (let's say #19) regardless if attends the combine or not. At that point, guessing that Klintman's agent felt like attending the combine could only hurt Bobi as a team could change its mind if he was terrible or got injured. As a fallback, the agent has a deal in place with a foreign team if that NBA team broke its promise. So, Bobi would get "paid" under any scenario.

Someone doesn't visit the Baseball thread.
Yeah, that's true that we've got that going for us. I've watched 90% of our games this season. Will continue to shift focus in that direction as the SEC/B10 gobble up 6 or 8 teams from the ACC and we end up dismantling.

As a reminder Forbes "only" needs to replace last year's bobi production and not next year's assumed improvement.

It's a bummer but I expected him not returning the moment he announced. Better for my mental health.
That's only true if you don't want us to get better. If we want to improve, then we just took a hit.

At this point I primarily follow Wake Basketball and Football just enough to not look like an imposter when the subject comes up on the chat thread but not enough to develop any emotional entanglements.

Back