• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I don't know the rules, but I'm wondering if he gets credit for an O rebound for getting his shit stuffed but it's a jump ball? It was kind of hilarious. There is a good minute in there of him walking and turning it over. My man loves a shuffle!

It's not supposed to be a highlight film... It is a transfer tape put together by a scouting site that compiles these things.

But yeah, you get the good and the bad.

I've seen a bunch of those, but that's the only one with that balance of good/bad included.

I don't really care, I trust the staff, but it stood out from the others I've watched.

Abramo didn't score a point in most all of the games he played. The reel was going to be limited. But I'd be curious about his defense because Cronin teams are typically pretty tough defensively.

UCLA fans are pretty much all in solidarity that they're upset Canka is leaving. I think Canka would be a great get for us. He was a freshman last year playing behind some studs on a sweet 16 team. Very common that big upside guys don't see the floor behind upperclassmen when they're freshmen. Not trying to blow sunshine, but we will be very happy if we end up getting this kid.

He's smooth, can shoot it, can dribble and rebound. Plays good on ball Defense. Even though he's an old rising sophomore, he's still new to the American game.

Hope we get him because we need some wing depth to go with Damari, Cam, Sallis. Not really sure I could even consider Cam a wing unless we are going small, but you get the point.

Abramo didn't score a point in most all of the games he played. The reel was going to be limited. But I'd be curious about his defense because Cronin teams are typically pretty tough defensively.
No doubt. I could have just done with one or two examples of the travelling, rather than a full minute. It was just kind of funny. I'm in on this guy, though -- got a good base of coaching with Cronin, good frame, good length.

I've seen a bunch of those, but that's the only one with that balance of good/bad included.

I don't really care, I trust the staff, but it stood out from the others I've watched.

But Bobi only scored 5 points per game !

I have to admit that I'd be like totally in WTF mode if my NBA team drafted Bobi Klintman in the first round after he scored 5.3 ppg and grabbed 4.5 rbg playing 20.5 mpg on a team that finished 8th in the ACC.

I have to admit that I'd be like totally in WTF mode if my NBA team drafted Bobi Klintman in the first round after he scored 5.3 ppg and grabbed 4.5 rbg playing 20.5 mpg on a team that finished 8th in the ACC.
The draft selection would be followed by a highlight reel with Jay Bilas talking over the top of it saying, "This guy is long, LIKE REALLY long. I know I said that about some other guys, but this guy is 6'10 with LONG arms."

Abramo reel. Let's just say no one will accuse them of only putting the good stuff here.

Not sure how old this is but assuming right before he got to UCLA - intriguing scouting report : https://nbadraftroom.com/abramo-canka/

"Abramo Canka is a long, rangy wing player with an ideal basketball frame. He’s got length, a lot of speed and quick twitch athleticism. Canka can handle the ball in the open court, break his man down with the dribble and he really shows off his length with his finishes in the lane. He’s a smooth operator who glides around on the court and makes the game look easy. His ball-handling and outside shooting are still a work in progress and he especially needs to work on his left hand dribble. He’s a standout defender who has big time ability to lockup 1 on 1. He’s got great recovery speed and the length to be disruptive in the passing lanes. Canka has the tools and natural ability that will get NBA teams excited and could be a draft pick in a year or two, if his game continues to develop."

I missed the acc tourney game where bobi played well, but I'm not understanding how this was a huge loss on the level of John Collins, cp3 ect. In the games I saw bobi looked pretty irrelevant to be honest. I get that NBA sees a sleeper pick because of his size and versatility but I'm not convinced he would even have been averaging double digit points had he come back. Is there something I'm missing and I'm just being a dumb fuck?

Back