• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Canka will play, a LOT. Boopie, Cam, Canka, Carr and Reid (assuming he gets the waiver) will likely start with Monsanto, Marsh, Sallis and MMM getting major minutes

Yeah? Does a fully healthy Damari still not start ahead of Canka? If Canka is good enough to start ahead of fully healed and healthy Damari then we should be very good!

Canka is an intriguing player but calling him an upgrade over Bobi and saying he’ll be a starter is wildly premature IMO. Understand UCLA was much better than us this past season but the guy literally played 5 minutes a game. Sallis played 14 and 17 minutes a game for a team that made the Sweet 16 and championship game.

This is the first Forbes roster I'm super pumped for.... Always felt like his other transfers were mediocre and then he got way more than I expected out of them but then underperformed my increased expectations as the season went on. Now I finally feel that the transfers this year are dimes and I'm fully engorged envisioning nets being cut

Now that we have the full roster here is my mins projection. Side note: I dont think we will have this many players (10) in the rotation when ACC play actually starts but hard to tell who exactly misses out so leaving it like this for now.

PG: Boopie 25 Ituka 15
SG: Hildreth 30 Sallis 10
SF: Monsanto 25 Sallis 10 Canka 5
PF: Carr 25 Keller 10 Canka 5
C: Marsh 20 Reid 20

Anybody got any scorching hot takes for next season now the roster's sorted?

Try this. Forbes gives his curiosity a moment early in practice and puts Sallis at the point as part of his big D line up. Sallis D overwhelms Miller and Ituka and his offense clicks as a PG. Canka and Hildreth join him on the floor in a pressure D formation and Forbes finds the defense at the 1-3 that is his ticket to the tourney. The rest of the the roster responds and Wake Forest basketball forms a new identity.

Dream, dream dream.

I really like the additions this off-season. Forbes is really selling Wake…I really like the team he has put together and hope it meets my expectations (maybe too high). Intrigued by the number to foreign players but sad to see Bobi go…hope not a trend with them.

Now that we have the full roster here is my mins projection. Side note: I dont think we will have this many players (10) in the rotation when ACC play actually starts but hard to tell who exactly misses out so leaving it like this for now.

PG: Boopie 25 Ituka 15
SG: Hildreth 30 Sallis 10
SF: Monsanto 25 Sallis 10 Canka 5
PF: Carr 25 Keller 10 Canka 5
C: Marsh 20 Reid 20

So no significant minutes for freshmen?

I see fewer minutes for Monsanto early in the season. He is eased in after the injury. MMM, Friedrickson and Clark get 3 or 4 minutes per game early on.

I could see Hildreth's minutes dialed back early as Forbes does a lot of mixing and matching the new guys to see what he has.

Yeah I'm starting to think y'all are correct about Sallis. I shouldn't be shocked to see him playing more PG than I originally thought. I'd bet we see a lot of Sallis/Cam and Boopie on court together for a 3 guard lineup at times.

There are always minutes available for a player that can shoot 40% from three and Parker is one of those players.

Back