• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

It's not like Forbes has to tell everybody the waiver was approved. Reid could just warm up and freak out the UGA coaching staff.
Wake had something like that done to them some years back. Wake @ Maryland game. Maryland's best player (Walt Williams) had been injured and missed multiple games. He didn’t play first half and Wake built a decent lead. He started second half, gave the team and crowd a big emotional lift. He also was obviously ready to play, as he was team high scorer for the game. Maryland won going away.

Obviously different, but the overall thing being coaches being horrible, actually should hold true for Reid. We'll see but I would say this is the first positive thing in Reids favor I've seen.
Did Efton have some sort of issue with Mark Few at Gonzaga?

I can't believe I even have hope that Reid gets a waiver. Only a fool hopes
There has been news of several other decisions coming down for other players in the last couple of days - they have been going both ways. Who knows. But maybe that means we should know soon.

Seems like they are all getting resolved. Likely means either Eftons appeal was filed last, or it's already been denied.

Well, if anyone is working at the NCAA on Fridays, they aren't working past 5 pm. So, if the ruling comes out today, it should be before tip.

Doubt an FSU guy knows something we don’t but I’ll post this anyway.

But didn’t Forbes say on Monday that Reid’s initial claim had been denied? The Cal guy heard 10 days after his appeal, so hopefully we’ll hear something no later than next week.

Reading the last few pages of this thread just reminds me of how far Wake Basketball's drop off made me turn away from watching our MBB team. I know that makes me a terrible fan, but I recognized maybe 2 names on the roster....

I know nothing about this team, who plays what position, or anything....I haven't watched NCAAB in probably 5 or 6 years. I literally have no interest in it anymore.

Let's hope we can make some noise soon so I can get back into it, because storming the court against Duke and beating UNC and stuff like that was really an amazing experience back in my time at Wake. If you told me then I wouldn't know anything about the team or watch a single game for more than 2 years, I'd tell you I must've become ill or something.

Basketball really was #1....now it's football....(Thank you Dave Clawson and Sam Hartman!!!)

No idea why I posted this, but there ya go.

Reading the last few pages of this thread just reminds me of how far Wake Basketball's drop off made me turn away from watching our MBB team. I know that makes me a terrible fan, but I recognized maybe 2 names on the roster....

I know nothing about this team, who plays what position, or anything....I haven't watched NCAAB in probably 5 or 6 years. I literally have no interest in it anymore.

Let's hope we can make some noise soon so I can get back into it, because storming the court against Duke and beating UNC and stuff like that was really an amazing experience back in my time at Wake. If you told me then I wouldn't know anything about the team or watch a single game for more than 2 years, I'd tell you I must've become ill or something.

Basketball really was #1....now it's football....(Thank you Dave Clawson and Sam Hartman!!!)

No idea why I posted this, but there ya go.
Even in 2021 we weren’t at the height of tie dye era Joel. Football will never be number one at Wake, we still have had attendance issues in our best football stretch ever

Back