• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I find fault with the reality that it doesn't happen at Wake. There's a long list of teams with less talent than Wake the last two years who have gotten at-large bids and played in the first weekend of the tournament since 2010.

"if you build a track record top 50 guys and other underrated targets will eventually take notice."

I agree that winning games gets better talent, but that's not what you said. I'm saying Wake needs to win games first. Getting talent and not winning isn't going to automatically lead to getting better talent.

I must be confused about what you meant. Juice said there was a silver lining that Forbes has an eye for talent. Strick said it wasn't much of a silver lining. You said:

Not for next year, but if you build a track record top 50 guys and other underrated targets will eventually take notice.
I took that to mean building a track record of recruiting will lead to getting top 50 recruits. That's why I said you don't need top 50 players to make the tournament (which is the goal to meet in order to get a championship).

If you meant a track record of winning, that was well out of context.

Enough of that now…

Anyone got an idea of when the next transfer player we get will be revealed?

Enough of that now…

Anyone got an idea of when the next transfer player we get will be revealed?
Could be as soon as the next day
But more likely sometime in the month of May

If Wake landed Horne, an argument could be made that he would be the best player on the team.

Really? The stats don’t stand out.

Would think our current roster makeup would change if we got Horne. Scored a combined 37 in his 2 NCAA tourney names last month. Fits the profile of an Appleby or Alondes, but seems like it could be tough to keep him from State considering their loss of two extremely high usage guards.

Would certainly be the most accomplished player on the roster.

Don't disagree that defense shouldn't be a priority. That doesn't have anything to do with my post about talent.
We had great talent in 2022 (center that could block shots & shoot 3’s plus LaRavia & Alondes. My point was that even with talent we need more intensity in key stretches. Watching teams in March Madness always shows what we are lacking both in defensive intensity and focus.

If we get Tyrese, Bobi comes back, and Monsanto can rehab and play like he’s capable of…we will be damn good next year with a substantial amount of depth. Dear universe, please make it happen.

Huh, it would be a good addition but still seems like he is not a rebounder or blocker…based on the stats I am seeing. Less than 1 block and 6rpg in 24 mpg…

Huh, it would be a good addition but still seems like he is not a rebounder or blocker…based on the stats I am seeing. Less than 1 block and 6rpg in 24 mpg…
His offensive rebounding rate is well above average at 10.9%. Roughly equivalent to Sarr from his last year.

Defensive rebounding is adequate. He is also a good block rate and fouls drawn rates.

Back