• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Julian Strawther was #65 on Vecenie's big board one year ago today, and is #35 now. Kris Murray was #50 last year and #20 today. Sasser was #87 last year and #32 now.
Strawther was invited to the Combine, along with Timme and Terquavion. Murray and Sasser were not.

I just keep going back to, they always leave once they declare to test the nba waters, even when they know they won't get drafted. See pretty much every example in last few years, Dwill the only exception.
Just wrap your head around it, he's gone. I'm sure coach is still recruiting for that outcome

I believe that it is less a risk for a big guy to come back after testing the waters, than it is for a guard. You can't teach 6'10" and athletic.

It should come down to whether he believes that he can take the risk out of his NBA guaranteed contract by coming back (by being someone that everyone wants between picks 7-20 next year versus hoping for that one team to make a promise this year, and then live up to their promise to you). Bobi is viewed by most as a 2nd rounder right now, which means no guaranteed contract unless you make the team. You make sure you improve enough that everyone wants you for next year, then you are in much better shape in the long run.

Bobi is viewed by most as a 2nd rounder right now, which means no guaranteed contract unless you make the team.

That's not true for the top half of the second round, in which most draftees get guaranteed contracts - see above

Stay, get better, look good on tv with all the announcers talking you up as a high pick.

Move up into the top 15, maybe top 10.

Make more money

If he has more than a 20% chance of falling to the second round he absolutely should come back.

Stay, get better, look good on tv with all the announcers talking you up as a high pick.

Move up into the top 15, maybe top 10.

Make more money
And also set yourself up for long term success, which I think is too often overlooked. A lot of these dudes go too early and get lost in the G League never to be heard from again.

So we heard about Sallis a week ago today after his weekend visit to Nebraska. C'mon Efton.

Anyone hearing anything about the assistant situation? Do we think we'll keep it in house? Shay still listed as Special Assistant to Forbes on the staff page, but they also still have Tisdale as grad assistant (I guess he might technically still be there since he might not have graduated) even though he's moving to ETSU with Savage.

So we heard about Sallis a week ago today after his weekend visit to Nebraska. C'mon Efton.

Anyone hearing anything about the assistant situation? Do we think we'll keep it in house? Shay still listed as Special Assistant to Forbes on the staff page, but they also still have Tisdale as grad assistant (I guess he might technically still be there since he might not have graduated) even though he's moving to ETSU with Savage.

Tisdale probably needs to finish his classes and exams and actually complete his degree before he can formally be hired at ETSU.

Just a random note that every NBA draft pick we've had since Chris Paul has been a sophomore (I'm choosing to treat Jake like a sophomore due to COVID and to make this an accurate statement). So, Bobi, there's that.

Back