• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I mean, he's 6'10 and can run, jump, and shoot 3s. He's also not all that young--his official "draft age" apparently is 20.29, whatever that means (see link below). So it's just a matter of when, not if.

Yeah. Bobi is 3 classes behind Jake but only about 1.5 years younger.

Maybe Venecie got the ball rolling, but any scouts worth their while would have checked out his last few games. I don't think Appleby is a high level prospect, but some scouts had to be watching him play as well.

That's just not how the NBA thinks. If a player is a good pick next year, he's a good value pick now to develop for that next year.
Based upon the report that Bobi will not be participating in 5 on 5's at the NBA combine, it appears that he and his agent have been told by at least one NBA team that he is on their pick list. If Bobi was going to the Combine to impress the scouts he would participate in all of the activities.

Based upon the report that Bobi will not be participating in 5 on 5's at the NBA combine, it appears that he and his agent have been told by at least one NBA team that he is on their pick list. If Bobi was going to the Combine to impress the scouts he would participate in all of the activities.
Do players choose which events they participate in at the combine? Or are they selected? I honestly don’t know how it works.

I think all players can opt into all combine events. The measurements may be mandatory.

Desperation time. Who’s starting the Bobi performance enhancement rumors.

We'll be fine either way. If Bobi leaves, just creates more minutes for the newcomers. If Forbes gets Reid, we're going to be in good shape.

I think all players can opt into all combine events. The measurements may be mandatory.
i've heard a few stories about guys skipping measurements/athletic testing, but i kinda feel like if that's your vibe, then you should just opt out of the combine entirely.

Well he's the only person that I've seen that's posted an article hyping him up but he's starting to appear in more and more mock drafts and big boards for next year which would imply to me that he is gaining some sort of attention/traction behind the scenes amongst scouts.

I think it's pretty clear to all of us that Bobi's not ready for the NBA yet by a long stretch and even if he gets drafted this year he won't be seeing the court for a while without some kind of huge leap but if a team picking in the 25-30 range thinks they could potentially steal a guy that's going to be a lottery pick next year they might just take a swing at it. Especially with the G-League being an actual tool NBA teams are using to develop guys now and not just an after thought, they might prefer seeing him develop under their own watch than at a program they have no control over.

A team picking in that range also could use a piece that could help them get over the top and win a championship.

And for the record, I'm not sure the G-League has a better track record than Wake in recent years of developing previously unknown players to an NBA level.

Seems like not participating in 5 on 5 could mean 2 things:

1) He's received word from a team(s) that they want him in the late 1st and doesn't want to jeopardize that
2) Generally, he/his agent thinks there's a greater chance of being exposed against other combine participants than excelling, which would hurt his draft stock this year and potentially even in 2024

Here's to hoping it's #2.

It seems like it would be wayyyy too early in the process for any team to have committed to taking him with his extremely limited college track record.

Bobi would definitely get exposed in 5 on 5 vs other top prospects, including every time he attempted to dribble. He'd probably be ok on the defensive end.

24/7 updated their '23 rankings (for I think the final time)... Wake Forest has the #43 class

Anyway...

Parker Friedrichsen - FR - #86
Aaron Clark - FR - #154
Marqus Mitrovic Marion - FR - #204

Since the last update (4/18/23):
Parker up 17 spots from #103
Aaron dropped 27 spots from #127
MMM ranked for the first time, I think

Hopefully the Efton news is real and this is a case of an early leak with professionals trying to keep it under wraps.

Back