• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

No, they won’t “boot Jao.” Not gonna happen.

And as Cam said, the Wake vs VCU location will not impact the waiver ruling. If he were to be granted the waiver for VCU he will also have it granted to come to Wake. Which is the likely outcome.

I’m very confident the staff would prefer Cam nor Sallis to not be the primary ball handler for long stretches of time. You’re simply just making things up with zero basis. Which is par for the course
Nah I have a basis, and I repeat saying Jao is seen as a long way away from minutes at the PG.

I think none of us know what will happen and the NCAA might as well choose randomly at this point, but the story of playing closer to home is objectively easier to argue playing in your home down versus several hours away. That’s pretty obvious.
I can promise you it’s not or else Wake wouldn’t have been the choice

Let's say stars align Bobi comes back, Damari is healthy and Efton gets the waiver.

Not necessarily in starting order:

Boopie 25 Sallis 10 Cam 5
Cam 20 Sallis 10 Damari 5
Damari 20 Bobi 15 Sallis 5
Bobi 15 Carr 20 Keller/MMM 5
Efton 22 Marsh 12 Carr 6
I like it. Pretty much what I would have but I’d probably give a few more minutes to Boopie. The Keller/MMM question will be an interesting one to follow this summer. Interesting to see who emerges. I assume Sallis should be 15 at the 2.

The potential of a Boopie, Sallis, Bobi, Carr, Reid lineup is certainly exciting. Should be a sound defensive team too, though I have no clue how good a defender Boopie is.

I’m very confident the staff would prefer Cam nor Sallis to not be the primary ball handler for long stretches of time. You’re simply just making things up with zero basis. Which is par for the course
I cannot believe NJDeac would be making thigs up with zero basis. Can. Not. Be. Lieve.

The guy was not a starter until end of year for a team that missed the NIT by a good margin.

Why is he turning pro now? Potential is not good enough if I am a season ticket holder.
Your opinion doesn't matter to a guy that needs to consider the rest of his life.

I think none of us know what will happen and the NCAA might as well choose randomly at this point, but the story of playing closer to home is objectively easier to argue playing in your home down versus several hours away. That’s pretty obvious.
They’re not comparing Wake to VCU, they are comparing Wake to Gonzaga you dolt.

Thing is I get paid for knowing things and being correct. You complain about systems being grimy and dirty while actively working in one of the grimiest industries in the world. And then throw out baseless claims left and right
Listen man I don’t blame you. If my job depended on the info a coaching staff gave me I wouldn’t say things that make them look bad either. I too would probably pretend that RTQ is some legitimate company sponsoring our players to grow their “business”. That goes back to your favorite “think about who benefits by this information being out there” line. You wouldn’t benefit by writing a piece criticizing Forbes for chasing Bradford into the portal where he’ll have to sit out a year. But since my money doesn’t depend on the staff liking me, and I still have (much smaller) insights into the program, I’m free to say that’s what happened and that the conversation happened in the lead up to the Syracuse trip.

I also don’t blame Forbes, these are unsolvable problems created by the existence of mass transfers in the first place and there’d be plenty of angry fans if we missed the tourney due to lack of a quality 5 again. I just think gaslighting fans with carefully worded explanations as to what happens when certain kids leave is wrong.

One of the many reasons season ticket holders don't make draft picks. But I do suspect Bobi will be back.

If you think whether a player's college team made the tournament matters in any way to an NBA front office, you are widely off base. I think his draft profile will ultimately come down to his performance in 5 on 5 play and 3 point shooting in the combine. If he plays the way he did the last few games of the season and hits 3s at a nice clip in the combine, I wouldn't be shocked for a team in the 20s to be all over him and plan to throw him in the G league for a year. Even with all of that said, I think his situation is different than Jake's and he'll be back.
Bobi is not participating in 5 on 5 oh prescient one.

They’re not comparing Wake to VCU, they are comparing Wake to Gonzaga you dolt.
If you could show me their criteria that says that that would be great, thanks. Also, dolt, if they’re comparing Wake to Gonzaga that means they would have been comparing VCU to Gonzaga, and VCU vs Gonzaga is still a better argument than Wake vs Gonzaga. If his primary decision factor was getting a “closer to home waiver” which is the comment I was responding to, VCU is the choice.

Back