• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

For as crazy as we are, I do think we somehow underrate a healthy Damari. The pieces came together for him last year while healthy. He's a legit ACC POY candidate IF HEALTHY.

Don’t think I agree on Damari. He’s obviously an incredible shooter. But what Bobi started to flash at the end of last year is significantly more valuable to me. Regardless, only having one instead of both sucks. They would have made a hell of a pairing on the wing next year.

i really like forbes

it's amazing how damn hard it is for wake to get to the tournament, when it seemed like the minimum expectation for so long

[Redacted] really really really screwed this program up

The biggest thing working in Bobi's favor is actually how bad and unplayable he was for most of the season. His weaknesses (shooting, dribbling, jumping, defending) were hidden on the bench of a below average team. It's created an aura of mystery around him that he clearly wishes to maintain (opting out of the combine). He knows he will get exposed if he's forced to play live against the combine players. I do wish we had him, he did improve throughout the season, and if he stayed I'd expect him to be about as good as Carr was last year.

If he goes in the first round of the draft he's gonna get a lot of people in that front office fired.

i really like forbes

it's amazing how damn hard it is for wake to get to the tournament, when it seemed like the minimum expectation for so long

Ronnie Wellma really really really screwed this program up
FIFY

We've got a pretty good Fazoli's franchise in town!
Hate to report but Fazoli's is long gone from Winston....if you are talking the one that used to be on University. Think it was converted to a Starbucks quite a few years ago. Macaroni Grill gone too so will have to win him over with Olive Garden.

Oh god don’t take him to Paul’s if it’s still open. That place is awful.

i really like forbes

[Redacted] really really really screwed this program up
the lost decade unfortunately also coincided with a sea change in college basketball that made it a lot harder for decent but not great power 5 teams to snatch up at large spots like they did in the 90s and 00s

Duke is in a weird spot. I think they could end up being left behind in the ACC as well, despite their basketball pedigree.
How is any team or any group of teams leaving before 2036 with the ‘grant of rights’ agreement every school signed? $120 mill to leave plus lose the right to broadcast their games.

Back