• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Lol seriously. Boopie averaged 15 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds on 46% shooting and 37% from 3 in his first season taking a huge step up in competition. Parker shot 41% from 3 and showed great instincts as a freshman. You’d be insane not to want both back.

We have enough pieces to be good. Boopi is not the problem. He even got better with his shot selection as the year went on. Stopped most of those run killing heat checks. Friedrickson was getting too many minutes late in the year, but Forbes was just praying he would hit threes, spoiler alert, he didn't. He's got potential as a sixth man, but you need the 7th and 8th man too.

Boopie can be the sixth man. Pfred can be a decent shooter if he can put some good weight in the summer.

I think Parker will be totally fine. Boopie won’t get any taller but he absolutely can be a key contributor. Who knows what that looks like in terms of the overall composition of the team. Juke is another combo guard and likely won’t be a huge piece next year. We’ve got work to do.

PFred is going to be a very good player, but does need to get stronger. He also needs to learn to drive the lane for nothing else but get some separation for his shots. Right now just patrols the 3 pt line.

i think there are lots of minor things that can be debated, but overall this team just had zero depth.

i think we can see that losing monsanto, even playing at the level he was, was super detrimental to the team.

having to play guys like marsh, keller and marion and overextend our starters minutes consistently killed us and contributed to poor second halves.

we just need better depth and more well rounded teams which goes back to better hs recruiting imo.

I mean, this is a pretty good team with a viable 6th man. We got 0 bench points again. Complaining about Boopie, our 2nd leading scorer as a sophomore playing his first year in the ACC after a year of injury, is straight up ridiculous. I’m sure Carolina fans would complain about Cadeau if RJ Davis didn’t exist.

Out depth now is barely playable. It was supposed to be Monsanto. Parker scored 7 yesterday we win by 10. Zero today we lose by the same.

Honestly Sallis is not a draft pick. Love him, but I expect him to fall out of the first round. Get our starting 5 back, add one starter-quality transfer at the 3 and a PF to spell Carr. Continue to develop Parker and Marion.

Barring injury that’s a top 3 ACC team next year.

I mean, this is a pretty good team with a viable 6th man. We got 0 bench points again. Complaining about Boopie, our 2nd leading scorer as a sophomore playing his first year in the ACC after a year of injury, is straight up ridiculous. I’m sure Carolina fans would complain about Cadeau if RJ Davis didn’t exist.

Out depth now is barely playable. It was supposed to be Monsanto. Parker scored 7 yesterday we win by 10. Zero today we lose by the same.

Honestly Sallis is not a draft pick. Love him, but I expect him to fall out of the first round. Get our starting 5 back, add one starter-quality transfer at the 3 and a PF to spell Carr. Continue to develop Parker and Marion.

Barring injury that’s a top 3 ACC team next year.

I agree wholeheartedly with this --- I also hope Parker (and Sallis, and Forbes for that matter) spends quite a bit of time watching old tape of J.J. Reddick (God, I hated him almost as much as Laettner and now Tripowski) and how hard he worked on offense, running off screens and making his man chase the shit out of him. Somehow, it seems as if schematically we do not know how to set up an open jump shot by outworking the other guy. Hope that changes this summer.

I like Parker and Boopie but both should be coming off the bench. I want them to return as long as we can find other pieces.

We are being way too hard on Boopie. This was his first year of major conference ball and he by and large did well. He struggled with physical guards as one might expect given his size. He is IMO an above average ACC guard that is likely our starting PG for the next 2 years. There is no argument we need depth at the position.

Boopie reminded me of watching a freshman Ish. He moved too fast and lost control a lot. Would love to see him develop like Ish did! Would also love to see Forbes get back to moving the ball like Alondes could - he was great at sharp, crisp passes and that team seemed to move the ball all around to find a good shot, not just drive into a pile in the middle and get in trouble or throw up a wild three with almost the entire shot clock left.

Boopie reminded me of watching a freshman Ish. He moved too fast and lost control a lot. Would love to see him develop like Ish did! Would also love to see Forbes get back to moving the ball like Alondes could - he was great at sharp, crisp passes and that team seemed to move the ball all around to find a good shot, not just drive into a pile in the middle and get in trouble or throw up a wild three with almost the entire shot clock left.
This is a little bit of revisionist history about Alondes. He was a turnover machine.

This is a little bit of revisionist history about Alondes. He was a turnover machine.

I’m 100% BoopieIN, but he doesn’t have anywhere close to the court vision Ish and Alondes had. Most people don’t. It was elite. I think Appleby is a better ceiling for Boopie. Learn to throw a lob, take better care of the ball, and continue to get stronger. He’s got more rings to climb the ladder.

Before Wake, Appleby had 63 games at Cleveland State, a redshirt year, then 59 games at UF.

By comparison, Boopie had 34 for games at Central Michigan.

Boopie's numbers were better than Appleby's numbers at UF.

Appleby at UF (2 seasons): 11.1 pts, 3.5 ast, 1.4 stl, 2.7 to on 38/34/84 shooting
Boopie this season: 15.4 pts, 3.7 ast, 1.3 stl, 2.5 to on 46/37/83 shooting

So Boopie is putting up better numbers than an older Tyree. If we can find a better PG, sure that would be great, but it's not necessary. Any quality guard is fine. We can steal minutes with Cam at backup PG.

Back