• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

You need two guys on the bench that can play 20 minutes if they have to and a third that can play 10. We had one guy by the end that could play 10, Friedrickson and he put up a zero today. Marsh is nothing but extra fouls. The step down from Reid to Marsh is gigantic.

If the plan was Monsanto, Friedrickson and Marsh, I understand, but that didn't work out.

You need two guys on the bench that can play 20 minutes if they have to and a third that can play 10. We had one guy by the end that could play 10, Friedrickson and he put up a zero today. Marsh is nothing but extra fouls. The step down from Reid to Marsh is gigantic.

If the plan was Monsanto, Friedrickson and Marsh, I understand, but that didn't work out.
I still think it’s being looked over that part of “the plan” this year was a hope and a prayer about a waiver for Reid. Forbes is lucky he got it or this season would have been way worse. There was absolutely no backup plan.

Iam sure he will test the waters. If he gets the right information, I am sure he will leave. He might come back if not a 1st rounder.

We NEED another PG. gotta get Boopie help.

Iam sure he will test the waters. If he gets the right information, I am sure he will leave. He might come back if not a 1st rounder.

We NEED another PG. gotta get Boopie help.
We need a banger too. Physical teams really beat us up down low, and the offensive rebounds we give up in loses have to be addressed as well. Marsh, if he hangs around, needs to go take some ballet lessons and get on the baseball diamond with some Tom Emanski videos.

We need a banger too. Physical teams really beat us up down low, and the offensive rebounds we give up in loses have to be addressed as well. Marsh, if he hangs around, needs to go take some ballet lessons and get on the baseball diamond with some Tom Emanski videos.
Chipper spoke at the baseball dinner. Maybe he can put in a call to Fred McGriff.

Efton has to learn how to stay on the floor but he’s got 1st Team All-ACC potential imo.

Reid commits some of the dumbest fouls I've seen watching college hoops for 40+ years but it's tough to place all of the blame on our bigs for fouls when our guards can't stop an old lady in a wheelchair from rolling down the middle of the lane

He tends to get drawn to the perimeter a lot. Hedges super high and gets caught in the mid-post a lot.

He tends to get drawn to the perimeter a lot. Hedges super high and gets caught in the mid-post a lot.
He also defends drivers like he's 6'3" and they are 6'8" vs being a 7 footer defending 6'3" guys. You don't need to body them, and you don't need to go after the ball when it's still in their possession. Just go straight up and make them shoot over you.

That wasn't all the plan.

Ituka being playable as a backup PG was part of the plan. Injury eliminated that. I think you need at least three different backup types who could play 20 minutes: point, wing, big. Not all would necessarily play 20 minutes in every game. Matchups and game specific circumstances would influence actual game minutes.

In reality, Wake had a wing, Friedrichsen, who would be playable for 20 minutes a game. Marsh and Keller just haven't developed like one would hope. Monsanto and Ituka were kept from contributing bt injury. MMM, Csanka and Clark didn't develop quickly enough to be useful this season.

Csanka is the biggest disappointment. He came from a good program and should have contributed way more than he did.

Were you really a professor at HPU?
caa13f8993b3fba2e3deefe78f823163.gif

Back