• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I truly hope we get an elite pg. I may be a minority of one, but I think Boopie did quite well in his 1st. season at this level. Had some good games and some not so good games, but who on our team didn't. With 2 more years to develop I think he would be quite a factor. Don't know why he left, but I think it may be harder than some think to get a pg that would be better than Boopie would be next year. Hope I'm wrong.

I truly hope we get an elite pg. I may be a minority of one, but I think Boopie did quite well in his 1st. season at this level. Had some good games and some not so good games, but who on our team didn't. With 2 more years to develop I think he would be quite a factor. Don't know why he left, but I think it may be harder than some think to get a pg that would be better than Boopie would be next year. Hope I'm wrong.

Wake offered him the going rate for an ACC level PG and he wanted more than double that. Forbes has about $3M per year for the team and Boopies asked would’ve blown the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake offered him the going rate for an ACC level PG and he wanted more than double that. Forbes has about $3M per year for the team and Boopies asked would’ve blown the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so how much did he ask for

I understand Boopie maximizing his earnings considering his limited pro future. Still sucks to lose him though. It will be harder than folks think to get a significant upgrade over him.
Was Boopie better than Tyree? We will have to see if we can land someone better than Boopie.

Was Boopie better than Tyree? We will have to see if we can land someone better than Boopie.

Tyree was slightly better. If we can land a Tyree for next year and replace Sallis we can probably make the tournament. That’s gonna be pretty tough to do though.

I will definitely miss Boopie and not sure we’ll get exactly the same contribution next year but I think there’s a decent chance we can replace him. I’d love someone with a bit more length. Honestly if Forbes returns the core and we can improve defensively I think that will make a huge impact.

Love the looks of Kyle III. Defensive POY, does his work inside and looks to have pretty good position on the glass. Board man gets paid should be our pitch to this guy.

I understand Boopie maximizing his earnings considering his limited pro future. Still sucks to lose him though. It will be harder than folks think to get a significant upgrade over him.
A D II or D III guy like Kobe Rodgers could be out.there.

That dude looked.good, then got hurt v. Bama.

Post defense wasn’t a problem after we got Reid back. And the ACC is losing Bacot, Hall, Post, Hinson, Filipowski, Burns. Guard defense was our biggest issue.

Having more defensive talent in the post allows us to go under screens and weather the storm when Reid gets in foul trouble as needed. That’s not a small value add.

I will definitely miss Boopie and not sure we’ll get exactly the same contribution next year but I think there’s a decent chance we can replace him. I’d love someone with a bit more length. Honestly if Forbes returns the core and we can improve defensively I think that will make a huge impact.

Love the looks of Kyle III. Defensive POY, does his work inside and looks to have pretty good position on the glass. Board man gets paid should be our pitch to this guy.
We need our version of Diarra. Athletic rebound guy who can D and run floor.

Tyree was better than Boopie, for sure. Up for ACC POY and Boopie didn’t get honorable mention.
Yeah not even close honestly, 19 & 6 vs 15 & 3. Applebees way more reliable and a better distributor. No slight to Boopie who was solid but he wasn’t in the same realm.

Appleby became the first player in ACC history to lead in scoring and assists. Alondes almost became the first a year before were it not for Scooter Boeheim on the last day.

Back