• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Deacon Digest is saying the going rate for a P6 PG is $200-400k and that we made Boop a generous offer so I am thinking we definitely offered on the higher end of that. He probably wanted a lot more than $500k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, then I think Boopie and/or his advisors might be morons. Is another school really going pay to +$500k for a good player that may or may not turn into a great player?

So no information about a new transfer…seems like a 4/1 joke…a cruel one at that. Some people get off on that shit.

What's wrong with a player testing his value on the open market? I hope our staff isn't treating Boopie like our fans are.

The NCAA could have addressed this years ago by paying players. But people would have complained about paying players $30,000 a year, too. And that's why we have no rules today.

What's wrong with a player testing his value on the open market? I hope our staff isn't treating Boopie like our fans are.

The NCAA could have addressed this years ago by paying players. But people would have complained about paying players $30,000 a year, too. And that's why we have no rules today.
And what exactly are the “rules” we could have now?

You joke and I’m sure it’s against the rules (though what are rules anymore) - but if I were a coach with millions, reinvesting some of it back into my team to get huge on court returns, thereby guaranteeing more millions, seems a pretty sensible professional and financial decision.
I’ve wondered the same. If we spend our NIL wad and then Sallies decides to come back, can Forbes bankroll that? It be the best investment he could make in his financial future.

I thought a lot about the Boopie situation and here is where I land. Steve Forbes gave an ACC opportunity to a mid major point guard and gave him the ball. Opportunity of a lifetime for the kid and a track to a Wake degree and part of building a program and culture.

My take now is that Boopie took what Forbes gave him and tried to leverage that for more money. Boopie doesn’t give a shit about Wake or the team, it’s all about him.

Boopie will likely never wear anything that says Wake again. I’m fine with that because Wake did a lot more for him than he did for us.
Yep and he’s apparently want $800k+ and is just not worth it. Lots of good PG fish in the portal pond

Is it worth signing up for TOB again? This speculation is killing me.

Love looking to see how Duke wastes talent.

5 star TJ Power was the #17 player in the HS Class of 2023. This season, Power had 10 "DNP coach's decision". In 13 other games, he played 5 or less minutes. He scored a total of 52 points in 36 Duke games. Almost all of them were in garbage time. WF offered Power, and he would have a big role for WF, had he headed to WF. Power is not even listed as a possible late round pick on any NBA draft boards

Sean Stewart was the #22 player in the HS Class of 2023. He played more than 10 minutes in a game twice. Both blowouts. Stewart got no meaningful minutes. NBA is a pipe dream right now for him.

Those guys are now fucked as even if most of the current Devil starters go the NBA (not clear), as Duke has recruited over them with the incoming recruiting class. In addition, Duke may try to grab a nugget out of the portal given the projected youth on the 2024-5 roster. Also, the draft stock for Filipowski has dropped. At one time, he was considered a lottery lock; now, he's generally thought to be late first round. Same story with Mark Mitchell, who came to Duke as the #13 player in his class; now is not on most draft boads and even Tyrese Proctor, who is not a first round lock.

No program wastes talent and ruins NBA futures like Duke.
And yet out of the 77 listed ACC players on NBA rosters. Duke has the most ex-players in the NBA with 27. Clemson & VT are tied fir the fewest with 1 each. (Per Community Sports News). btw UNC is listed with 10 & Wake with 4.

Back