• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

That said, many of the athletes will have a sad and rude awakening when they turn down $250,000 and a great situation only to bag chase and end up making a lateral move or step down in playing time or NIL dollars. I just can't imagine all these guys wanting $500k-1Mil are going to get their wish. Too many players wanting the same things and greatly overvaluing themselves.
Do NIL deals come with a benefits package? Maybe we could get a head in the portal if RTQ was offering dental, orthodontics and vision coverage, maybe throw in some retirement matching options.

Brickus had two points in 11 minutes against WF in the Montego Bay Tournament last year. He improved this past season. Scored 13 in Cameron early this past season. 10th in the country in minutes; 1st in the A-10 in minutes per game. Lots of experience. Not nearly the upside of Boopie, but he can play. On other thing, he is short. Listed at 5-11, typically that means he's smaller than that.

He looks like a more experienced, but not nearly as quick, Boopie.

I like him as a 1 year guy with a high floor. Would also want to bring in another ball handler that maybe has some additional eligibility and more upside.

If he's willing to come into the role we had imagined for Ituka this past year (with another portal PG as the starter ahead of him), I'm in.

Yeah, that scouting video of Brickus looks like Boopie in slow motion. Better looking shot from 3. Better passing. But not nearly as athletic/explosive.

I really like him as depth. Could probably start, but that wouldn't make me feel great about the trajectory of next season.

Brickus had two points in 11 minutes against WF in the Montego Bay Tournament last year. He improved this past season. Scored 13 in Cameron early this past season. 10th in the country in minutes; 1st in the A-10 in minutes per game. Lots of experience. Not nearly the upside of Boopie, but he can play. On other thing, he is short. Listed at 5-11, typically that means he's smaller than that.
Would you say that his size makes him more of a nothing slider?

Yep.
However, Lville the City has a lot of historical and cultural appeal. I’m a redneck from WNC, but I could see living there. Not a lot of difference from WS, but worse traffic.
Louisville as a city is not that different from Winston Salem?

legit river

I grew up in the FL Panhandle and the most humid place I've ever been is Louisville in the middle of August

Not really. But NIL and free transfers is widening the chasm considerably
Not to blow this whole thing up more than it is....But, what's stopping a players from going to the NBA or Europe, then returning to college to play and get paid?? Who's rules are they breaking. Can those rules even be enforced anymore? I mean, college players arent really amateurs anymore. is the point here that NIL is NOT contingent on the player participating in the sport and so not considered professional? Even so, does the ncaa have any jurisdiction to enforce this?

Back